lxvi. Drowning Blues

Her grey eyes widened before they glared at Val, who smirked and playfully moved her phone to taunt her

Her grey eyes widened before they glared at Val, who smirked and playfully moved her phone to taunt her. She clenched her fist and bit her lips from saying anything that she might regret.

Instead, she focused on the grainy picture of Percy and Elle kissing on the front lawn. Annabeth wanted to tell herself that it was fake—that someone had photoshop it to make it look like Elle and Percy kissed. But she was done trying to be the clueless girlfriend that Annabeth had made herself out to be.

So, instead, Annabeth's grey eyes flickered, and she thought, Percy had kissed Elle. Annabeth slightly nodded at her thoughts and messed with the strands of her blue hoodie. My Seaweed Brain had kissed Elle.

Her worst fear had been confirmed—Elle had kissed Percy—and made her breath hitched. But it also reassured her that she wasn't overthinking about Elle. Annabeth knew that Elle was going after her boyfriend, but she didn't want Percy to think that she was one of those crazy girlfriends.

Percy. She wondered what his reaction was when Elle had locked lips with him. Did he kiss her back or push her off? The answer seemed so clear yet blurred. Was this what he had been wanting to tell her? Because Annabeth would have definitely preferred Percy telling her privately than Val publicly telling her about this

"Why haven't you said anything?" Frowned Val, looking at her blank expression. "Percy is kissing Elle! Look, Annabeth! React!"

Val's eyes widened, and she clammed a hand over her mouth. While Annabeth blinked, snapping out of her thoughts. She rolled her eyes and snorted at Val.

"I'm sorry that my reaction wasn't what you wanted, Val," Chuckled Annabeth, clasping her hands. "Were you expecting me to lie to myself and said that Percy would never cheat on me?"

"Yes," Nodded Maise, peeking up behind Val. "We're expecting you to do that but you didn't—"

"Oh, shut up, Maise," Scoffed Val, glaring at the smaller girl. "No one asked you to talk so stop talking!"

Annabeth furrowed her eyebrows, watching Maise's eyes widened, and quickly nodded. Val rolled her eyes turned to look back at Annabeth with her hands on her hips.

"Anyways, are you going to tell us how betrayed you feel that Seaweed Brain has kissed another girl?" Val mockingly pouted. "We warned you—He was only playing you. He doesn't love you—"

"How do you know he doesn't love me?" Asked Annabeth, cocking an eyebrow. "You're not Percy the last time we checked."

"W-Well, he kissed Elle!" Said Val. "He kissed another girl—that's evidence that he doesn't love you!"

Though, Annabeth was somewhat panicking inside—as she should because her boyfriend had kissed someone else. Annabeth was calm because it was Percy they were talking about. He loves cuddles and blue things.