xxvi. Cornelia Street

"Annabeth, I have a question to ask you," Percy said, breaking the silence between them as she walked him to the bus stop so he could head home, "Does your dad and Helen know about us? I'm just asking because

"Annabeth, I have a question to ask you," Percy said, breaking the silence between them as she walked him to the bus stop so he could head home, "Does your dad and Helen know about us? I'm just asking because...you know, you told them..."

Percy had came to her apartment to hang out even though she had suggested elsewhere (saying it was very messy), but Percy had reassured her it was fine and everything would've went fine if Bobby had not asked Percy if she and him were dating in front of her dad and Helen. And before Percy could respond with yes, Annabeth answered with no. She could still recalled the broken-hearted expression on his face when she said no.

"I'm sorry," she responded and they stopped, "They don't know that we're dating and I was planning to tell you and them today, but the day hasn't going as planned."

He bit his lips; his voice was soft, "Why haven't you told them? Why didn't you tell me that they didn't know. Annabeth?"

"Because I was afraid you would break up with me," Percy's eyes widened and she explained, "My dad and Helen forbid me to date and I know I should've told you earlier, but I like you too much and I don't want to lose you. You're so ethereal, Percy. You're like one of those boys that every girl ever wanted—you're everything I wanted. You're a goddamn dream. I know it's selfish, I'm sorry."

"You should have told me, Annabeth," Percy softly said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "We always told each other that communication is key. I would've understand and we would have try to work everything out together."

Her voice faltered and she sheepishly looked away, "I know, I know I should have told you earlier. I'm sorry, please forgive me. I-I just don't know what would happened if I told you the truth—I thought you would break up with me to respect my dad and Helen's rules, but please fuck those rules, Percy."

Her eyes met Percy's eyes and Annabeth bit her lips, noticing that they don't shimmer at her. The noisy Manhattan filled the dreading silence between them.

"I'm...not going to break up with you, I promise—I could never," he reassured, "However, I don't like that we're going behind your dad and Helen's back. I thought they like me, I guess not...Why don't they want you to date?"

"Because they're afraid that I will be distracted from my studies and start failing my classes which is, I guess it's understandable, but I'm seventeen and I always get good grades, so...I just need to talk to them."

"You do," he softly chuckled, then gently stroked her hair, "I know you're scared, Annabeth, but it will hopefully be okay."

"I hope so," Annabeth then beamed, "I mean, my dad and Helen has to approve of our relationship when they see how happy you make me and how much you love me, right? They have to..."

"Yes, hopefully," Percy kissed her forehead then caressed her cheeks, "We'll be fine. Everything will be fine."

Annabeth softly smiled and intertwined their fingers together, "No matter what happens, promise me, Percy, that we'll get through this and we won't break up."

"I promise," he kissed her and when he pulled away, he said, "I love you, Annabeth. You're my universe."

[formerly titled as Mr. Dionysus's Cherry Wine && originally published on 11/14/20.]

[11/14/20] author's note! umm, I did something?? and yes, I put Taylor Swift into this book-she's an iconic women and I won't be told otherwise. Haha, anyways, I hope this chapter wasn't too boring because I first wrote-i was like this was going to be boring and no one is going to like it-so I hope it was okay :) Annabeth also dropped 'L' if you didn't notice-well, she didn't 👀 Much love, Lucinda! 🥰🥺