lxiii. Love Is The Way

Percy could remember the feeling of her soft cherry-red lips brushing against his cold, pale cheeks that instantly reddened from the lipstick stain and the soft touch

Percy could remember the feeling of her soft cherry-red lips brushing against his cold, pale cheeks that instantly reddened from the lipstick stain and the soft touch. Not to mention the low whisper of her words that made him shivered and the click of her tongue that Percy could still hear.

It wasn't till Elle had left that Percy snapped out of the love spell that she put on him, and he was dumbfounded by everything. Her velvety voice and her smooth features made her look like a goddess in the light. It was like Apollo blessed her with the way that sun shone against her porcelain skin.

Percy's mind was blurred from everything that he had to take a minute to recollected himself—to know that Elle hadn't stolen his soul with those eyes. It sparkled mischievously yet so beautifully in the light.

Percy sat next to the small white teddy bear and the Valentine card that Elle had gotten him. He buried his head into his hands and thought that this was all so weird. He felt drunk. 

I have to pick up Annabeth for our date. He reminded himself, which slowly cleared his mind. You have a girlfriend that you love very much. The shimmer in Elle's eyes seemed to fade away. The only thing that seemed to linger was her touch.

Elle's plum lips brushed against his cheek—the faintest of their skin touching was like a red stain on a white shirt that he couldn't get rid of. It was like a bad memory, and bad memories were usually the ones that haunted you in the middle of the night.

You thought about marrying her—Annabeth Chase. His mind reminded him, causing Percy's sea-green eyes to look up. He blinked and gazed around the living room. Estelle's sunflowers slightly swayed in its pot.

He did. Percy had dreamt of marrying Annabeth and starting a family with her in the middle of the night once. He was just thinking about his future, and his mind wandered to...Annabeth

Percy didn't know if he would even be with Annabeth in the next couple of months—nevertheless in the future—given the circumstances that the Goddess of Love had set in their path. But maybe, just maybe...in the end, it would be the two of them.

"I'm done, Percy," Exclaimed Estelle, then she asked, "Are you alright, Percy?"

His sea-green eyes snapped to her little sister's voice, and a soft smile formed on his face, seeing her. Estelle wore a light blue dress with white stockings. Her salt and pepper hair was in pigtails, and Estelle had a frown on her face.

"Oh, yes, I'm alright, let's...go," Nodded Percy, then his sea-green eyes glanced at Elle's Valentine gift. "Actually, I just need to put something away first, okay?"

"Okay," Nodded Estelle and tilted her head toward the white teddy bear. "Percy, where did the white teddy come from? Are you going to give that to Annabeth?"