xlvi. La Vie en Rose

In the early hours of the cold January afternoon, New York City was busy and crowded with cars stuck in traffic and people hurrying to get to their destinations and Annabeth and Thalia were one of them as they headed to Artemis's Moonshine to meet...

In the early hours of the cold January afternoon, New York City was busy and crowded with cars stuck in traffic and people hurrying to get to their destinations and Annabeth and Thalia were one of them as they headed to Artemis's Moonshine to meet Percy and Estelle.

Annabeth's blonde hair swayed in the wind and she wore a white collar blouse, black skirt with matching stockings, Mary-Jane shoes, and the earrings Percy had gifted her. While Thalia wore a black, long sleeve shirt, high-waisted jeans, and combat boots paired with a black choker and Estelle's friendship bracelet.

"I can't believe that I'm leaving today," frowned Thalia. "It feels like I have been living here for my entire life."

Today was Thalia's last day in Manhattan (though she had already made plans return to New York during her spring break) before she went back to California for the second semester of college (they're hosting at mini party later in the evening).

Annabeth cheekily smiled, "Maybe, well, you know you can live in here for the rest of your life if you move."

"Maybe," laughed Thalia, "You know what, I'll consider moving: there's so many greatest things here that I love really much."

"Such as?" Annabeth raised an eyebrow.

"Well, of course, there's Estelle—I love her so much—and if I live in New York, I can basically see her all the time! There's Jason and Mrs. O'Leary who I both love very much and...that's all," Thalia smirked.

Annabeth pouted and playfully hit Thalia, causing the girl to laugh.

"And of course, you," Thalia beamed at Annabeth as they crossed the unfamiliar street.

Her eyes wandered around in amazement and a smile formed on her face when she heard Thalia's squeal and saw Percy and Estelle waiting for them outside the restaurant.

"Hello!" Percy greeted Annabeth with a kiss, "So glad you guys made it! Shall we go inside?"

They agreed and headed inside the new, unfamiliar restaurant Percy had suggested for them, saying one of his friends had recommended it, and they got seated at the window (she and Percy on one side and Thalia and Estelle across from them).

"So, Estelle," Annabeth beamed, "How are you?"

"Wonderful!" exclaimed Estelle, then frowned, "But I'm sad that Thalley is leaving me tomorrow."

"I'm so sorry about that, Elly," grimaced Thalia, hugging Estelle. "But I'll be back before you know it then we can take over the world."

"Yay!! I can't wait!" Estelle grinned.

They then all looked through the menu and figured out what they wanted to order; while they waited for a waitress/waiter to come by (it was quite packed), Estelle and Thalia went to the restroom and Annabeth and Percy chatted.