lx. Lover Project Pt: II

When Percy entered the library, several people glanced at him and he could see them nudging their friends to whisper something to their ear

When Percy entered the library, several people glanced at him and he could see them nudging their friends to whisper something to their ear. His breath sagged, but Percy ignored the anxious feeling in his gut—his sea-green eyes drifted to Mrs. Minerva's desk, where the librarian was nowhere to be found.

Some part of him was glad that Mrs. Minerva wasn't there to glare him down as he searched for Annabeth in her library that he had destroyed during his sophomore year—Annabeth was for sure going to break up with him if she ever finds out...

Well, maybe she was going to break up with Percy either way....He knew how horrible it was to smell another girl's perfume on your boyfriend's clothes. Maybe, it was for the best if they did...

Percy shook his head and sighed. He walked to the back of the library, where the architecture books were, hoping to find her but no luck—Annabeth wasn't there.

He was about to turn around to search the rest of the library when he heard a sniffle somewhere near him. Percy furrowed her eyebrows and walked around the bookshelves till he saw Annabeth.

Percy can see her tear-streaked face then saw the tissue box next to her on the ground. He noticed that The House of Hades laid on the floor before glancing back at Annabeth.

"Annabeth—"

Annabeth looked up at him, and she said quietly, "Percy..."

Her grey eyes were brimmed with crystal clear tears that Percy didn't know was caused by him or the book...Percy really hoped it was from the book and not him.

"Yes?" Asked Percy softly, sitting on the floor next to Annabeth. "What is it?"

"Do you love me?" Said Annabeth, gazing at him. "Do you—"

"Yes," Nodded Percy. "I do love you, Annabeth."

"But do you love me so much that you'll jump into the pits of hell with me?" Whispered Annabeth. "Percy—"

Percy didn't have to think about the question for a second as he nodded and said, "Yes, Annabeth, I would and I'll hold onto your hand as we fall."

Something soft in Annabeth's grey eyes, and she looked taken back from his response. Percy watched as Annabeth picked up the book and placed it on the table next to her. She sniffed. He wanted so bad to pull Annabeth into a hug, but Percy didn't know if he could...

"A-and can you please explain about that perfume incident...?" Said Annabeth, then added, I'm not mad or anything—I'm just scared."

Percy reached for Annabeth's hand and a soft smile formed on his face when Annabeth let him hold it.

"So, Elle did this thing with her shoes and I caught her before she fell. I guess her perfume was so strong that it caught onto my clothes." Explained Percy, then sighed. "I'm sorry, Annabeth—I know how horrible it looks and you may not even believe that but trust me when I say that I would never cheat on you."

Annabeth didn't say anything and just kept her gaze on some books in the distance though Percy noticed that her eyes flickered at his words. She was still holding his hand—it was okay.

He opened his mouth to speak when Annabeth turned around to face him. She softly asked, "So, it wasn't like you guys...?"

"Oh, no," Said Percy, his sea-green widened, "God no, nothing like that, I promise."

Annabeth nodded, and a smile rested on her face. She scooted closer to Percy, and he wrapped his arms around her body. Annabeth buried her head in the crook of his neck, and Percy smiled.

"You know," Chuckled Percy, eyeing the book. "You shouldn't read the House of Hades so quick if you're still recovering from Mark of Athena."

Annabeth laughed and shook her head sheepishly, resting her head on his chest. She said, "What can I say? I love making myself cry."

Percy softly smiled and wiped a tear off Annabeth's cold cheeks, brushing his fingers against her cold cheeks. Annabeth smiled.

"You know that I love you, right?" Whispered Percy.

"Yes," Nodded Annabeth. "I know—you told me that you would fall into the pits of hell with me."

Percy's sea-green eyes shimmered, and he nodded. "I did."

It was the end of the day, and Percy awkwardly sat next to Elle in physics. Every once in a while, Elle would glance at Percy and he tried to ignore her stare, but it was so difficult.

Their teacher let them talk within the last five minutes of class and he nonchalantly looked at Elle when she nudged him and called his name.

"Is Annabeth alright? She looks like she has been crying...."

"Oh," he then reassured, "Annabeth is okay, don't worry."

"Good," nodded Elle, "I wouldn't want Annabeth to be sad."

Elle's tone was off like she wanted Annabeth to be sad, but Percy just nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, me either."

Percy then excused himself and went over to his girlfriend who was reading The House of Hades and sat down beside her. 

"So, how's the book?" asked Percy, "Hopefully not sad?"

"I wish," Annabeth shook her head with a chuckle. "But you know, you can't change what is already written..."

Percy softly smiled at Annabeth, "Do you want to go on a date this afternoon?"

"That would be nice," Annabeth softly smiled, "What do you want to do?"

"I'm not sure," he shrugged, "But it will be a good time, after all, it's just you and I. Let sees where the city takes us, does that sound good?"

"Yes, it does," nodded Annabeth.

The final bell of the day rang and he awaited by the front doors for Annabeth to finish talking to Ms. Iris about her art project when Elle came up to him.

"Hey, Percy! I just saw that your backpack was unzipped! May I zipped it back up for you?" she exclaimed.

"Oh? I swore it was closed..." he frowned and nodded, "Yeah, you can close it, thank you."

After a couple of minutes of shuffling, Percy could hear his backpack being zipped and Elle sheepishly said goodbye to him. As the girl walked away, he frowned, wondering why Elle took so long in zipping up his backpack.

[2/12/21] author's note! Never I have posting a chapter during daylight hours so this is a bit weird to me but here's part two! I'll post part three later today and hopefully we'll have chapter 83(?) posted at night or not as I haven't really start on it—we'll see! Well, I didn't break up percabeth—I wouldn't dare to do such a thing again. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading and have a good day/night! I'll see you guys later in the day! Much Love, Lucinda! 💙