lxviii. Kiss Me Kiss Me

Today was a warm, clear sunny summer day; waves shimmered underneath the sunlight and calmingly crashed onto the sand

Today was a warm, clear sunny summer day; waves shimmered underneath the sunlight and calmingly crashed onto the sand. It was a perfect day today—a perfect day for a wedding—for Percy and Annabeth's wedding.

Ever since they got engaged on Valentine's Day, she and Percy have been waiting for this day to arrive. At first, the engagement was merely a joke and the wedding was still for fun. But with some wishful thinkings at midnight when the moon was visible, they realized they would like to actually marry one another one day.

One might say that it was too soon: they were just inexperienced teenagers that didn't know anything about love. Maybe that was true. But looking into each other's shimmering eyes, holding one another's hands, and just being with each other was love.

From strangers to lovers and constantly bickering with the charming Percy Jackson at the beginning of the school year, their relationship had blossomed into something more—something that will last forever.

There might have been some hiccups in their relationship with rumors, disapproving parents, and certain girls getting in the way, but they had held their hands tightly together throughout it all and here they were now: getting (fake) married.

Stood before a mirror, Annabeth studied herself in a simple white A-line wedding dress that fell below the knee paired, white sandals, and her hair pinned into a side bun with a tulips flower crown that matched her bouquet.

"Are you ready, Annabeth?" asked Sally, causing Annabeth to look away from the mirror. "The wedding is starting."

Sally's long brown hair was down and curled and she wore a knee-length flower pattern dress paired with sandals. Her blue eyes were warm and she smelled like chocolate.

"I'm ready," smiled Annabeth, hooking her arm with Sally's. "I have been waiting for this day since February."

A smile formed on Sally's face and she gushed, "Oh, Annabeth, you look so gorgeous in your wedding dress! I know this isn't a real wedding, but I'm so happy."

Annabeth sheepishly chuckled, knowing how Sally had kindly invited her into the family before she was even dating Percy. It felt like yesterday Annabeth had just started babysitting Estelle last fall...

"Me too: I'm happy too, Sally."

"Oh, you don't know how happy you make Percy and especially Estelle," Sally's voice was soft, "Oh, I'm going to cry—I said that I wouldn't cry till the ceremony but..."

Annabeth softly smiled at Sally then pulled the woman into a hug before pulling away and Sally quickly wiped her cheek with a smile.

Annabeth then noticed a familiar doggy tail and light blue dress from earlier from the corner of her eye and grinned, seeing Estelle, the flower girl, with Mrs. O'Leary, the flower dog. They both wore a light blue dress and matching flower crowns. Though, unlike Mrs. O'Leary, Estelle carried a basket of blue petals to throw down the aisle.