xviii. I Think He Knows

xx. I Think He Knows

It's been two weeks since Annabeth hung out with Estelle and she felt horrible, knowing the little girl wanted to spend time with her

It's been two weeks since Annabeth hung out with Estelle and she felt horrible, knowing the little girl wanted to spend time with her. But Annabeth's overwhelming amount of schoolwork and extracurricular activities had kept her busy, so when she finally had a free weekend with no plans, she decided to hang out with her boyfriend's sister (he had work today).

She and Estelle first went to the New York Public Library to check out some books: Estelle got the latest book of Dork Diaries while Annabeth borrowed a book about a son of Poseidon trying to finding Zeus's stolen lightning bolt with the help of the daughter of Athena and a satyr. It sounded interesting.

Afterwards, they took the bus to Koreatown where they ate lunch at Jongro BBQ then headed to Koryo Books where they bought posters and cds before heading to Build-A-Bear to create their own stuffed animals.

A soft smile formed on her face as she watched as Estelle excitedly strolled around the store and her eyes then gazed around the store till they landed on a teddy bear. She immediately thought about the teddy bear ("Bae") that Percy won for her and recalled his saying he might get himself a teddy bear so Bae wouldn't be lonely. Annabeth knew exactly what she wanted her stuffed animal to be.

"What should I say to Percy for the voice message?" Annabeth asked Estelle.

"Hmm? Maybe, I love you?" suggested Estelle with a grin.

Annabeth's eyes widened, "I-I love you...?"

"Yeah! I mean, do you love him, right?" Estelle curiously looked at her.

"Of course, I do! I love him so much! He means everything to me," she blushed, "But it's just that we haven't said I love you to one another..."

"Oh? Why not?" frowned Estelle.

"Because...I think he knows," she softly smiled, "I think he already knows that I love him; he doesn't need to tell me that he loves me—I already know."

Estelle grinned, "Aww, that's so sweet. You guys are really adorable together."

"I think so too," Annabeth's face flushed then she beamed, "You know what? I think I will say I love you for my voice message. He should know how much I cherished him."

After creating Honey (Percy's teddy bear) and Shua (Estelle's stuffed dog), they returned home late evening to eat dinner and watch an episode of Gilmore Girl. When Percy went to take a shower, Annabeth took Honey from the bag she hid from Percy and went to his room.

A smile formed on her face as she entered, recalling the times their legs were tangled in the bedsheets, and blushed. Annabeth settled the teddy bear with Percy's another stuffed animals and sat on his bed, wondering what she should do now.

Should she waited for Percy to come out? Should she go back outside? It might be later in the night till he notices the teddy bear and then, he'll hear her tell him that she loves him. Her heart raced even though there was nothing to be worry about.

After a minute of debating, Annabeth headed back to the living room and waited for Percy to call her name when he finished his shower and hopefully noticed the teddy bear. Her eyes then widened after her phone rang and she finally noticed the time.

"H-Hey, dad? What's up?" she answered the phone.

"Are you almost home? It's eight and remember, you have school tomorrow."

"Yes, I am almost home, don't worry. But I might be later than usual because traffic, you know?"

"Yeah, I know, be safe, Annabeth, alright? Love you."

"Love you too, dad," Annabeth then closed the call and told Estelle she had to go, "Tell Percy too, alright?"

After saying goodbye to Estelle, she hurried to the bus stop and barely made it on time before it left. While gazing out the window, she felt her phone vibrate in her jacket pocket and grinned at Percy's message.

Seaweed Brain
I love you too, Wise Girl
Read at 8:18 PM

[originally published on 11/7/20 && was formerly chapter 20 of false god!!]

[11/7/20] author's note! We hit chapter twenty like what??? I never thought I would make it chapter twenty-I always kinda fear this book would flop. Haha, so glad how i was wrong, thank you!!! I'm so happy for the outcome of today-it's been a long ride full of nothing but hope and anxiety (if you know, you know ;) Anyways, I just want to express how much I'm so grateful for you guys-it means the world to me <3 I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter and have a good day/night! I love you guys!!! Much love, Lucinda! 💙✨