xxi. End Up Here

xxiii. End Up Here

Everyone has good and bad days

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Everyone has good and bad days. Today was terrible day for Annabeth: first, she accidentally stained her favorite t-shirt with coffee (which was fine because Percy gave her his hoodie to wear), second, she forgot her calculus homework at home, and three, she was pretty sure she failed her physics test. Well, Annabeth was not really. She just realized she messed the formula and probably now missed a few questions. Yet, the thing was everyone knew she always got a perfect score on her assessments and Annabeth always prided herself for being so perfect, so she felt like a fucking failure right now.

(It wasn't healthy, but it was all she ever knew: academic validation.)

It didn't help but she was keeping Percy and her's relationship a secret from Helen and her dad even though she knew they were getting suspicious. It was only a matter of time before they found out and who knows what will happened. Annabeth wasn't sure if she should tell them that she was dating or could she get away with this?

"What's wrong, Annabeth?" he frowned and Annabeth quickly dismissed her thoughts, "You look very sad. Are you still thinking about the test? Because if you are, it's fine, you're fine and I promise you you'll be able to bring your grade up if it drops."

"I know, I know," she sighed, leaning her head on his shoulder, "I wasn't thinking about that though...it's nothing."

It was after school and they decided to go to her home to have another study date as no one was home and did their homework on the couch.

Annabeth yawned and Percy laughed, "Are you tired, Annabeth?"

"Yes, very," she blushed, "I'm going to take a nap right here, alright?"

"Sounds good," Percy nodded, enveloping her with his arms, "What time should I wake you up?"

"Like in thirty minutes?" she shrugged, eyes fluttering, "Just wake me up soon."

"Alright," he nodded and kissed her forehead, "Good night."

Her eyes slowly fluttered open and the bright light of her bedroom lamp made her groan and she sat up in her bed, quickly realizing her hair was no longer in a ponytail. A soft smile formed on her face as she spotted Percy sitting on the edge of her bed reading her book about series. He then glanced up from the noise, and blushed, quickly shutting the book.

Annabeth reassured with a laugh, "It's fine, Percy, do you like the book?"

Percy nodded, "It seems very interesting. Demigods? Imagine if demigods did exist."

"The world would really chaotic," she chuckled, "Thanks for carrying me to my room—c'mon, cuddle with me."

"Always," Percy grinned.

For the next hour or so, they cuddled in her bed while talking about nonsense and listened to the rain outside. Though Annabeth basked in Percy's warmth, she couldn't help but worry about Helen or dad catching them in her bed. It wasn't like they were doing anything scandalous, but friends don't cuddle...

"Ah, you should probably get going before Helen or my dad comes home," she said softly.

"Do I?" Percy pouted, "I want to stay here with you."

"I do too, but you know..." Annabeth then sighed, "Fine, five more minutes."

"Oh, I think you might want to reconsider that," he chuckled,

A small smile formed on her face; she cupped his cheek and whispered, "How did we end up here with you next to me?"

"I guess, you're just lucky like that." Percy softly smiled at her. "Well, I know I'm lucky as I have you besides me—wise girl."

[published on 11/11/20.]

[11/11/20] author's note! hii, I hope everyone is doing good!! Thank you for 2k on False God-I already expressed how bewildered and grateful I was by it but I wanted to say, thank you-it's still crazy to me! I went in a different route for the whole luke thing and y'all are probably happy by that-like it's there but not there. Anyways, I hope everyone is having a good day/night-your comments means the world to me so thank you endlessly supporting this book!! Thank you once again. Much love, Lucinda! 💙

[✔] False God ━ Percabeth AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें