xvii. You Made My Day!

A smile formed on Annabeth's face as she opened the door and saw Percy dressed in a mint hoodie, casual black trousers, and slightly dirty white sneakers

A smile formed on Annabeth's face as she opened the door and saw Percy dressed in a mint hoodie, casual black trousers, and slightly dirty white sneakers. She quickly thought about two things: one, damn, he looked hot and two, he got her beautiful white tulips.

His shimmering sea-green eyes greeted Annabeth's and he handed the bouquet, "You look so beautiful, my Wise Girl."

"Thank you," she accepted the flowers with a blush, glancing at her high waisted, knee-length light blue skirt and a white long sleeve paired with off-white Mary Jane pumps.

Percy then followed her inside her home and after  she placed the bouquet on her desk, they headed outside. The cold November air greeted them and her ears buzzed from the noisy, crowded streets; she glanced at Percy, feeling his hands intertwined with hers, and he softly smiled at her and they walked to the bus stop.

After three weeks since promising each other that they'll go on their first date, today was the day. However, everything about the date was a surprise for her (she had no idea where they were going or what they were doing) and butterflies swarmed in her stomach as he held her close and whispered into her ear, answering her questions.

"Is it Uptown or Downtown?" asked Annabeth.

"Neither," answered Percy with a laugh, "It's in Brooklyn?"

"Brooklyn? Really? I'm excited," Annabeth gasped in surprise, "There's so many things to do in Brooklyn! Can I have another hint about our date?"

"Hmm, yes, but it'll cost you a kiss," she chuckled and kissed him; he grinned, "Alright, hmm, Taylor Swift has a song named after this place."

"We're going to Coney Island?!" she exclaimed and Percy nodded, "Yay! I can't wait! Oh, it's going to be such fun!"

"It will be," he then cheekily smiled, "Annabeth, your strawberry lip gloss tastes good. Hmm, I want a another taste."

Annabeth's cheeks flushed as his lips met hers and she smiled.

The sunny, windy afternoon greeted Annabeth and Percy and even though it was quite chilly, Luna Park was crowded and laughter and shrieks of excitement filled the air. They walked around the amusement park and her eyes gazed at the colorful rides, cotton candy machines, and carnival games. A smile formed on her face at the aroma of the buttery popcorn, cheesy French fries, and cotton candy.

"So, Annabeth, what rides do you want to ride first?" he asked Annabeth then frowned when she didn't answer and nudged her, "What are you staring at?"

"At that teddy bear at the ring toss game," answered Annabeth sheepishly, "I really want it. It's super cute."

"It's cute. I'll get it for you later," he promised and suggested, "But let's go for a few rides, alright? I really want to ride Electric Hearts! I heard it gives you a rush of thrill and is quite fast."