xxii. Lover Boy

xxii. Lover Boy

After almost getting caught cuddling with Percy by Helen a couple days ago, Annabeth became much more careful about what she did with Percy and tried her best to pretend she was not dating him (she wasn't sure if she was doing a good job) and hope...

After almost getting caught cuddling with Percy by Helen a couple days ago, Annabeth became much more careful about what she did with Percy and tried her best to pretend she was not dating him (she wasn't sure if she was doing a good job) and hoped she was fooling Helen and her dad. But in the meantime, Annabeth was going to enjoy Percy's company regardless her mind swarmed with worries.

The sky looked gloomy as if was preparing to rain at any minute though as she and Percy headed to his apartment with their hands intertwined; they then laughed as it began to sprinkle and ran down the sidewalk and quickly entered his apartment complex. The receptionist glared at them as they tried not to laugh and ran up the stairs.

When Annabeth entered Percy's apartment, she greeted Estelle who was working on her homework then headed to the kitchen where Sally was. The older woman looked up as she mix her bowl of blue  batter and smiled at the sight of Percy and her.

"Hey mom! Yay, you're making blue cookies!" her boyfriend exclaimed.

"Yes, I am! We haven't ate these in forever and Estelle really wanted them and I had some free time today so I decided to let's make them," laughed Sally, "How was school?"

He shrugged, "It was alright. Annabeth and I have another partner project in mythology again, but unfortunately, Mr. D didn't paired us up."

Annabeth laughed, "It's probably he knew we wouldn't get anything productive done if we were partners."

"I guess, you're right," he chuckled then sheepishly said, "Hey, mom?"

"Yes, Percy?" responded Sally.

"Can I help you make the blue cookies? I don't have any homework to finish," Sally nodded yes at his question and he smiled at Annabeth, "I know you have to study, so you can just go to my bedroom and do that. I'll tell you when the cookies are done."

"Alright, thanks," she nodded with a smile and head to Percy's bedroom.

In the next two hours later, it was pouring  outside and the weather reported it wouldn't end till midnight—Annabeth was excited that she might to spend the night with Percy. Her head was buried in her textbooks when she felt arms wrapped around her body and a kiss on her cheeks; she looked up to see Percy's sparkling sea-green eyes and he informed her the cookies were done.

She and the rest of Percy's family then played some board games as they enjoyed Sally's cookies and their laughter distracted them from the constant thundering outside. Her phone then rang and Annabeth frowned as she accepted the call from her phone.

"I'm currently at Percy's right now," she answered, "Okay, I understand, dad. You also be safe. I love you too."

"Is everything alright, Annabeth?" asked Sally softly.

"Yeah," Annabeth reassured, "It's just that the thunderstorm apparently isn't going to stop till tomorrow and it's very dangerous to go out there; my dad doesn't think it's safe I go home so...would it be alright I stay over?"

"Of course!" nodded Sally, "But you will have to sleep with Percy and I'll get you some clothes so you don't have to sleep in your current outfit.

"Alright—thank you," she nodded with tinted red cheeks then added, "Actually, I have some clothes in my gym bag, but they're dirty."

"Oh, we'll just wash it then. Hey, Percy, can you take Annabeth to wash her clothes?" asked Sally and he nodded.

They headed to the laundry facility and chatted as they waited for the clothes to finish washing.

Annabeth blurted out a thought that was bothering her, "You're fine sleeping with me, right?"

Percy's eyes widened in surprise and he chuckled with a blush, "Yes, I am. I mean, I did."

It was Annabeth's turn to blush and she bit back her smile while Percy cheeky smiled.

After her clothes were clean and dry, she and Percy ate a delicious dinner then headed to bed—not really. They laid on his bed and listened to 'Lover' by Taylor Swift.

"We were crazy to think- crazy to think that this could work out."

Percy pulled Annabeth closer to him and wrapped his arms around her; she rested her head on his chest and her eyes fluttered shut, listening to the raindrops splatter on the window and Percy's breathing, and quickly fell asleep.

Percy kissed her forehead and his voice barely above a whisper as he said, "I love you, wise girl."

[originally published on 11/13/20.]

[11/13/20] author's note! So, it has happened and I'm silently SCREAMING-I really had so much fun writing this chapter and I hope that you guys enjoy it! I also have a question to ask! It's just me but I feel like my chapter are getting shorter?? I was looking through the book and the length of the chapters are kinda short and I feel horrible-I dunno, maybe it's just me sjsjsj Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed the double chapter tonight! I love you guys and I'm always here you need anything-have a good weekend! Also, we hit chapter 25-whoop! whoop! Much love, Lucinda! 🌿🌱🍃