vi. Do You Like Me...?

Their laughter filled the air as Annabeth and Percy arrived at his apartment after the school day ended and excitement and anxiety bubbled inside her as Percy unlocked the door and they went inside

Annabeth waved at Estelle who sat on the couch and the little girl beamed when she saw Annabeth and instantly ran to her. Annabeth then laughed as Percy picked up Estelle and hugged her.

"Hey, Estelle," grinned Percy. "Remember me, your brother?"

"Yes! But I don't want to hug you, I want to hug Annabeth!" Estelle pouted then beamed when Percy pout and place the girl on the ground, "I still love you, Percy!"

Percy chuckled as Annabeth and Estelle hugged, "I doubt that: I think you love Annabeth more!!"

Estelle laughed, "I do! She's so amazing, so cool, and so pretty!"

"She is," Percy softly smiled and Annabeth's eyes widened in surprise, "Why do you look so surprise, Annabeth? You are amazing, cool, and very pretty."

"Thanks," blushed Annabeth, trying to ignore Estelle's cheeky smile.

Right then, a brown haired woman who Annabeth assumed was Mrs. Blofis walked into the living room, asking Estelle if Percy was home, and she immediately smiled at Annabeth when their eyes met.

"Mommy! This is Annabeth!" Estelle excitedly introduced, "She's the girl that I told you that Percy likes!"

"Estelle! You promise—" Percy's eyes widened and he sheepishly blushed. "I have no idea what she's talking about."

Estelle furrowed her eyebrow at Percy, "You always told me not to lie, but why are you lying? You told me that you wanted to ask her out to homecoming—"

"Okay, Estelle, that's enough, let's not reveal more of your brother's secrets," Sally awkwardly chuckled then softly smiled at Annabeth, "Sorry about that, Annabeth, nice to meet you. Please call me Sally. Helen has told me a lot about you!—about how accomplished and smart you are! You're so pretty!"

"Uh, thank you, Mrs. Blofis—I'm sorry, I mean, Sally," her eyes kept glancing at Percy who avoid her gaze and she politely smiled, "Um, sorry, uh, how are you?"

"I'm doing good," Sally nodded, "So, Annabeth, Percy texted me that you guys were going to hang out, what are you guys planning to do? I'm just curious."

"Uh, I'm not sure—"

"I was thinking Annabeth and I can watch a horror movie than do some homework together," suggested Percy then sheepishly looked at her, "Does that sound alright, Annabeth?"

A horror movie? God, Annabeth does not like horror movie! She's going to end up clinging to Percy!

Her face flushed at the thought of clinging to Percy and she answered, "Uh, yes, that sounds good. Will, uh, Estelle be watching with us?"

"Unfortunately, no," answered Sally, "Estelle has a doctor's appointment this evening—which speaking of, we should get going—but you and Percy have fun! We'll probably be back around in two hours."

She nodded, "Oh, alright, uh, thanks."

Estelle and Sally eventually left and while Percy went to get the snacks and drinks for the movie, Annabeth sat down in the living room while Percy went to get the snacks and drinks for the movie and recalled the conversation from earlier. It surely can not be true that Percy liked her and wanted to ask her out to homecoming...!

From how her heart fluttered at that thought of going to homecoming with Percy, Annabeth hoped it was true...

[formerly titled "Mama Jackson.]

[10/05/20] author's note! This is probably the second-longest written chapter of the book, and I need to ask-is it too long? Because I have written way longer chapters than this amount, and it always worries me that my readers just simply get bored halfway through the book due to it being too long! Your input is always welcome, and it helps me!!! Thank you for reading, and have a good week and try not to procrastinate on your schoolwork (if you do)! Till, next time! Much love, Lucinda <3

[08/15/21] author's note: This was the second-longest written chapter of False God? I find it sweet that I used to think that the word count for this chapter was a lot—Oh, if only October Lucinda knew! The word count these days has very much increased! You'll get what I mean when you reached the future acts! Anyways, we got a bit of Percabeth fluff, which everyone is probably happy about! Like I said in the previous author's note, don't procrastinate!! Thank you for reading, and have a good day/night! Much Love, Lucinda! 💙