lxiv. Gossip Girls

lxiv. Gossip Girls

Today was going to be perfect, Annabeth thought as she and Percy entered the Goode High School with their hands intertwined on the early, sunny Friday

Today was going to be perfect, Annabeth thought as she and Percy entered the Goode High School with their hands intertwined on the early, sunny Friday. A small smile formed on Annabeth's face as Percy whispered sweet nothings to her, causing butterflies to flutter within her stomach. Her cheeks reddened when he kissed her cheeks in the midst of the crowds of kids and they smiled at one another.

Ever since Valentine's Day, Percy has been a lot more affectionate than usual (not that Annabeth didn't mind it) but it was definitely something she had to get used to.

Her mind instantly began worrying as she noticed the several gazes directed at Percy and her as they walked together to her first period—because no one has really pay them any attention since the first couple of months of school, but today, she and Percy were the center of attention today. Something must happened.

Annabeth turned to look at her boyfriend with a frown and Percy bit his lips; his eyes flickered and he looked conflict.

"Percy, what's wrong?" Annabeth whispered, "Is everything okay? You looked troubled. Do you know why people are staring at us? Do I look weird or something?"

"No, no, no, you don't look weird," Percy reassured then furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm not sure what happened, but...it'll be okay, I hope. Anyways, let's get to class."

Annabeth chewed her lips then nodded, "Alright..."

Percy kissed her goodbye when they reached her first period class and she couldn't help but worry as he walked away despite his reassurance. She wondered what happened this time, probably just nonsense.

If the walls could talk, it was surely not saying anything to her. Throughout the entire school day, eyes lingered on Annabeth and perfect day was long gone—there was a new rumor regarding Percy and Elle and Annabeth knew it couldn't be good, knowing how close the two were these days.

(Whenever Annabeth said the red-head girl's name, it tasted like a cherry that tasted sweet at first till the tartness kicked in and you realized that you had bit into a sour cherry.)

It felt embarrassing to ask others about the rumor because one, it made her seem like the clueless girlfriend (which she was), and besides, she feels like she shouldn't concern herself with them—after all, rumors are rumors and they're just spread drama and caused heartbreak.

Unfortunately, she hadn't have time talk to Percy about it (he had to make up a test during lunch, there was barely any time to talk in class, the wifi at Goode High School sucked) and none of her friends wasn't sure what was happening either (they weren't the type to on top of drama).

It was finally the end of the day and Annabeth was exhausted. She needed to talk to Percy about Elle and him and figured more about this new rumor.

Her eyes then widened, seeing Elle Montgomery: the girl was dressed in a white blouse and blue skirt that fitted her body perfectly paired with brand new white heels. She looked gorgeous and Annabeth knew Elle knew that too.

Elle winked at Annabeth and flashed her a charming smile, causing her eyes to flicker, and she scowled and continued walking.

"Annabeth!" Percy sheepishly said, "I'm super sorry, but I forgot to grab my Spanish homework for tonight. Do you mind waiting for me? I promise we'll text afterwards."

"No, I don't," she reassured and nodded, "And that sounds good."'

Percy kissed her forehead, causing her to softly smile, then left and Annabeth awaited him in the cafeteria.

While waiting, three familiar classmates (Cade, Ophelia, and Maeve) came up to her and Annabeth awkwardly greeted them.

"Maeve...?" Annabeth raised an eyebrow, "What is it? Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Did you forgive Percy, Annabeth?" Maeve asked in a hushed voice. "I know that it's none of my business but you guys were acting lovey-dovey today and I thought that..."

"What do you mean?" Annabeth scrunched her nose and responded in a quiet voice. "What do you mean by if I forgave Percy?"

Maeve furrowed her eyebrows and asked, "You don't know what happened?"

"No...?" Answered Annabeth.

Maeve turned to look at her friends, and they shared a look with each other and Annabeth frowned

Maeve mumbled, "She doesn't know..."

"Of course, she doesn't know," sighed Cade, causing Annabeth to look at them. "The girlfriends are usually the last to know because their boyfriends are assholes."

"Cade! She can hear you, you know that?!" frowned Ophelia, "Besides Percy isn't an asshole—we don't know what really happened."

"What-What are you guys talking about?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"They're talking about how your loverboy kissed Elle on last Friday when you were nowhere to be seen," laughed Val cruelly behind her.

Annabeth sighed and turned around to face Val, Maise, and Elise (the "mean girls" of Goode High School).

Despite her confident facade, Annabeth's breath hitched at that thought that her worst fear had been confirmed: Elle had kissed her Seaweed Brain. But those girls were probably just messing with her.

"They're just rumors, Val," Annabeth glowered, "Have you ever heard of them or are you too busy being a bitch and a try-hard?"

Val's face reddened and glared at Annabeth, flaring her nostrils.

"They're just rumors, Val," Mocked Val, getting her phone out of her purse. "The rumors are terrible and cruel but honey, most of them are true."

Her grey eyes widened at the picture that Val showed her—it was a picture of Percy and Elle locking lips outside.

author's note! Hi, this is such a long chapter and I'm sorry if anyone got an headache from reading it! The first part of this chapter was so cute that I wanted to make this chapter percabeth fluff but it didn't fit in the schedule so here we are! I don't have much to say besides I have a feeling that you guys will like this chapter! ;) Hopefully everyone had a good weekdays! I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading and have a good day/night! Much Love, Lucinda! 💙