xxxix. Dreams Come True

On the cold Tuesday morning, her breath was shaky as she entered Goode High School, messing with her gold bracelets and chewing her lips anxiously

On the cold Tuesday morning, her breath was shaky as she entered Goode High School, messing with her gold bracelets and chewing her lips anxiously. The cafeteria crowded with teenagers eating breakfast, chatting, and/or studying for the midterms. A soft smile formed on her face as her grey eyes met her messy jet black hair lover boy's shimmering eyes as he instantly hugged her.

Percy kissed her temple when they pulled away and he cheered, "Try not to worry, Annabeth. I promise you that you'll do amazing on your exams! You're the most studious person I ever know. You're the smart, gorgeous, and wonderful and I love you, Wise Girl."

"Thank you," her heart swooned over his words and she smiled, "You'll do amazing too."

Percy beamed then asked, "Have you ate breakfast?"

"No," Annabeth sheepishly shook her head, "I did some last minute studying instead."

"First of all, that's not healthy, second of all, I got you some Dunkin' Donuts," Percy handed her a wrap and americano, "There's about twenty minutes till school starts, so please eat and don't study, alright?"

"Alright," she blushed, "Thank you. Y-You didn't have to, Percy! I don't deserve you: you're too good for me—I love you so much."

Percy's cheeks blushed and he softly smiled, "I love you so much too."

After Annabeth finished her delicious breakfast, her worries had completely disappeared and instead she was grinning, fantasying about winter break with Percy.

"All the best, Annabeth!" Percy squeezed her hands as he accompanied her to her class, "You're going to do amazing!"

She nodded with a sheepish grin, "You too."

Annabeth then watched as Percy walked away after they said goodbye and she frowned, her heart racing as he walked farther away.

She wanted to reciprocate her boyfriend's love and support for her early this morning, but what?

A soft smile formed on her face as Annabeth thought of something; she called Percy's name and ran to him, causing several people to glance at her. The jet-black haired boy turned around, confused, and his eyes widened as Annabeth's lips met his.

"W-What was that for?" the tips of his ears were red and he sheepishly blushed.

Her face was flushed, feeling everyone's eyes on them, and she whispered, "That was a good luck kiss! Now, go and ace your midterms!"

Percy lovingly gazed at her then kissed her again—he tasted like coffee and pancakes—and cheekily smiled at her.

"Now I have double the luck, thanks."

Schools immediately ended at noon after the first three exams periods were over and that concluded the first exam day. As they headed out Goode High School, they chatted about their exams (which they both thought went fairly good); their conversation immediately halted when everyone began exclaiming that it was snowing and they rushed outside.

Her eyes widened in amazement and she stared at the sky, mouth agape, and watched as snowflakes fell. This wasn't her time first seeing snow (she only saw it once when she visited her cousins in Virginia), but it never snows in San Francisco, so this was exciting and new.

"Seaweed Brain, it's snowing!" beamed Annabeth with a laugh and she looked at him.

"I know, Wise Girl," laughed Percy, "Isn't it so beautiful?!"

"Definitely!" they started walking and she exclaimed, "Did you know there's a lot of interesting myths about the first snow fall?"

"Oh? What are they? Tell me?" Percy curiously asked.

She blushed, "Well, my favorite one is that if you witness the first snowfall with someone you like, true love will blossom between you two and it will be long-lasting."

Percy's eyes softened, "Oh, really? Oh, I really hope the true love one is real."

"Me too," her heart fluttered from his lovingly gaze and a small smile formed on her face, imagining a future with Percy when they're older, wiser.

"Oh! I also have another favorite one: if you make a wish during the first snowfall, your wish will come true," Annabeth then chuckled, "Oh! Do you remember when I told you that my first time seeing snow was in Virginia?"

"Yes," her boyfriend nodded, "Did you wished for something when the first snowfall happened?"

"Yes, I did," she sheepishly nodded.

"What did you wished for? Has it come true?" he raised an eyebrow, curious.

Her cheeks flushed and she glanced away, "I...I had wished to meet my soulmate one day: someone who will loves and cherishes me, listens to my thoughts and feelings, doesn't care what I looked like or wear, doesn't makes me feel bad about myself, doesn't read into my melancholia, and makes me feel safe and happy and I feel comfortable tell them anything and everything."

Everyone around them knew she was in love with the look she gave Percy in the midst of the crowd.

"To answer your question, Percy, my wish did come true."

[originally published on 12/9/20 && formerly titled Don't Stop.]

[i really love this chapter!! it's so cute!! also the myths about the first snowfall are a real thing, just look it up if you're curious about it!!]

[12/9/20] author's note! Welcome back to False God! I hope you didn't miss it too much! I luckily got the things I wanted to do during my two vacation days of reliving one (of my dead two books) from the grave! I was working on Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince- it's always there if you want to check it out because I'm probably going to divide my writing schedule up and I don't you guys to wait for some time till I update this book! Anyways, moving along from my shameless self promo, I hope everyone had a good Wednesday!! <3 thank you for reading and have a good day/night! Till next time-Much Love, Lucinda! 💙