xxix. Lonely Heart

xxix. Lonely Heart

Even though it was morning now and Annabeth was convinced that Helen and her dad was forcing her to break up with Percy (which she would've refused to  and a whole argument would happen), but that conversation never occurred and she didn't bother ...

Even though it was morning now and Annabeth was convinced that Helen and her dad was forcing her to break up with Percy (which she would've refused to  and a whole argument would happen), but that conversation never occurred and she didn't bother to ask, merely surprised and relieved.

But Annabeth was exhausted. She had cried herself to sleep last night, thinking about Percy and Helen's words, and woke up with a pounding headache. All she could think was Helen's argument on why she and Percy should break up and it was...reasonable.

Her step-mom was just scared that Annabeth will ended up with a broken heart. And she was scared too. Afraid. But Annabeth was willing to risk it all for Percy, because even if they do break up, they had a bunch of wonderful, bittersweet memories together and it would've been the best couple months of her life. But, would and could Helen understand that? That heartbreak would be worth it for the long run.

Oh, Annabeth doesn't think she'll ever be the same if they do break. Her heart is attached to his and it always feel lonely when he was gone. It will always ached if he isn't hers.

But it wasn't like Helen or her father could break them up because Annabeth would never let that happen. She and Percy promised on that.

Annabeth snapped out her depressing thoughts then quickly got out of the bus, realizing it was her stop, and walked down the familiar street where Percy lived. It was the second to last day of Thanksgiving break and she and Percy wanted go on a date—in case it was their last. But they didn't feel going out and exploring Manhattan, so they opt in for a "home date night" in his living room.

(Estelle, Sally, Paul went grocery shopping, leaving them alone.)

"What should we do in the meantime?" Annabeth asked.

"I have an idea!" Percy exclaimed, "I think you'll love it!"

Annabeth curiously watched as Percy pulled a vinyl record off his bookshelf and placed it into his vinyl record player.

The soft jazzy music filled her ears, causing her to softly smile, and she blushed when Percy offered his hand out for her to take.

"May we dance, Princess Annabeth?" asked Percy softly.

Annabeth giggled, remembering what she had said during the night of homecoming, nodded, "Of course, Prince Percy."

They wrapped their arms around each other's waist then waltzed around the living room with grins like they were in the ballroom. His laughter sounded like a beautiful melody to her and she wished she could listen to it forever. She wished they could stay here in this moment forever.

Annabeth then quickly recalled Helen and her dad's conversation and her heart sank. Right now in this moment, Annabeth felt like she was in heaven being with Percy, his arms enveloped around her, and his eyes shimmering at her. But what if one day, she felt empty in his arms? and his eyes were dull? and and every minute together was hell?

Annabeth softly gazed at Percy then hugged him, "You know that I love you, right?"

"Yeah, I know," Percy whispered, kissing her forehead. "I know."

[originally published on 11/24/20.]

[11/24/20] author's note! Act two ends tomorrow! I think? I don't know but all I know is that the end is near and I'm not prepared-I hope everyone had good tuesday!! It's officially my break though I have some work to complete tomorrow! Besides that, I don't have that much work to do! I'm planning to work on my other stories this week so updates might be less the normal-I hope you guys don't mind! That's all, thank you for reading and have a good day/night! Till next time! Much Love, Lucinda! 💙