lxi. Lover Project Pt: III

Percy sheepishly smiled at Annabeth as he walked over to her with his and Elle's Lover Project in the empty cafeteria after school

Percy sheepishly smiled at Annabeth as he walked over to her with his and Elle's Lover Project in the empty cafeteria after school. He greeted her with a kiss and a soft smile formed on his face, seeing a few love letters left inside the box.

He looked back at Annabeth and raised an eyebrow, "Have you picked up a love letter yet? Hmm?"

"No," she laughed and picked up one. "I was waiting for you. Have you?"

"No, I haven't," he smiled and picked up a a letter, "Elle and I each wrote half of these cheesy letters—I hope you get the ones I specially made for you."

"Aw, let sees what we got!"

Percy nodded and opened the folded piece of paper to see Elle's handwriting. I like how fruity you are! <3 Percy laughed at the pun that Elle had written and looked back at Annabeth.

"What did you get?" asked Percy curiously.

"No, it's just that..." Said Annabeth, shaking her head, then plastered a smile. "Look what I got—you're so golden."

"Ooh! Elle wrote that one and she's also wrote the one I picked."

Annabeth chuckled, "Fruity? Huh? Well, she's right—you're quite fruity, Percy."

She pinched his cheeks, causing him to blush and smile, and they left Goode High School and headed to his apartment (with the project in his hands).

"Well, I didn't get yours but I still wanted to know what you wrote for me. So, please do tell, Percy."

"Well," blushed Percy. "I wrote that the ocean loves you and yeah..."

"Aw," she softly smiled, "Well, congrats to whoever got that one—I wished I knew who it was so I can ask to trade with them!"

Percy chuckled and placed Elle's note into his jacket,  "Yeah, I wondered too."

It felt more familiar to open his apartment door to Annabeth than for Elle—it was like opening a door for a stranger that you didn't know—which was weird as Percy did know Elle, but he guessed feelings are feelings.

"Hey mom and Este," Percy greeted them, placing the project away on the bookshelf (his mom told him it was okay to put it there), "Guess who I brought with me!"

"Annabeth?!" exclaimed his little sister, eyes glistening.

While Annabeth and Estelle excitedly chatted, Percy told them he was going to take a shower—he smelled like Elle's perfume.

After he took his shower, he changed into a blue hoodie and sweatpants and was grateful he didn't smelled like Elle anymore. His eyes flickered at his bed, recalling the days and nights he and Elle sat there, then glanced at the door.

A smile formed on Percy's face, seeing Annabeth's sheepish expression, and he instantly enveloped her with his arms.

He was so glad that everything turned out okay and that Annabeth didn't break up with him. Percy doesn't know what he would do if Annabeth did break up with him—he didn't want to think about it.

"Annabeth...?" his girlfriend looked up with curious eyes and he blushed, "I was planning to ask you this in a more romantic setting than my bedroom but I was wondering if you would want to go on a date with me for Valentine's Day?"

Annabeth's grey eyes sparkled and to answer him, she kissed him and they stood there, embracing each other, till Percy pulled away.

"I love you, Annabeth."

"I know. You have already told me that a million times before."

"I'll say it a million times more," smiled Percy. "I love you, I love you, I love you—"

"You're such a dork," laughed Annabeth, unwrapping herself from his arms, "Let's have a cuddle session: I'm tired."

Percy laughed, "You're right—we're long overdue for a cuddle session, Wise Girl."

Annabeth flopped into his blue sheets with a grin and she then frowned, noticing something on his nightstand.

"Um, Percy?" Annabeth bit her lips, holding up a yellow hair tie. "Who does this hair tie belong to? I know that this isn't mine."

"Oh," his face faltered and he quickly explained. "That's Elle's: she had stayed late night for a project and I guess she forgot it—I'll give it to her on Monday."

"Okay," nodded Annabeth nonchalantly, handing him the hair tie, "I'm going to use the bathroom."

Percy nodded. He then placed the yellow hair tie into a ziplock bag and went to put it in his backpack; a frown formed on his face, seeing a unfamiliar letter inside that he clearly didn't put into his backpack—then who did?

Percy turned the envelope in his hand and furrowed his eyebrows, seeing the words writing on the paper. It looked oddly familiar that Percy could only know who wrote it...

[2/12/21] author's note! Well, I bet everyone can tell who the secret admirer is

[2/12/21] author's note! Well, I bet everyone can tell who the secret admirer is...? Look like Annabeth and Percy have their own love letter to read or not read during this weekend! This chapter has concluded the Lover Project chapter and tonight I'll post chapter where surely everyone is going to "love"— I just know it. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed this three-part chapter and I can definitely tell you guys had fun time reading it ;) Thank you for reading and have a good day/night! Much Love, Lucinda! 💙