xxxiii. Forever and Always

With Percy's arms around Annabeth's waist, they left Goode High School and walked to his apartment

With Percy's arms around Annabeth's waist, they left Goode High School and walked to his apartment. The cold December greeted them and she cursed, feeling raindrops on her, and Percy immediately covered her with his jacket.

Annabeth sheepishly smiled at Percy and opened the umbrella she had prepared in case it rain today and they huddled around her blue umbrella.

"So, what are we doing today?" asked Annabeth, "I can't do anything really exciting because I have to studying for the midterms."

"I know and I have to," he nodded with a understanding smile, "That's why I was hoping we can have a study date today."

"Of course, I don't mind study dates," smirked Annabeth then winked. "I get to see Estelle."

"I feel like you prefer Estelle over me," laughed Percy, "I mean, I get it but I would also like a lot of affection from you."

Annabeth kissed his cheeks and cheekily smiled, "When we're done with midterms, I'll show you all my love."

Percy grinned then asked, "Hey, I was wondering when does Thalia go back to California?"

"I think around January 10th? It's sometime around that—it's when her winter break is over," answered Annabeth.

Percy nodded, "She's lucky. Her winter break starts earlier and ends later than us. I wished it's already winter break."

"Me too," Annabeth smiled at the thought of winter break, "I'm ready for winter break."

"I am too," agreed Percy then softly smiled, "This is going to be our first holidays together, it's going to be so fun."

Annabeth softly smiled, "I can't wait."

A frown formed on her face when a big, dirty, wet, muddy fluffy dog came up to them and she looked at Percy worriedly.

He sadly smiled and petted the dog, "What's a dog out here in the pouring rain?"

"I don't know? Maybe the dog just stray away from its owner?" suggested Annabeth and bit her lips after realizing the street was empty and there was no one who could possibly be the owner, "Maybe, someone abandoned them? Maybe, it's a stray?"

"How adorable," Percy checked the dog collar, "It says that her name is Mrs. O'Leary."

"Cute," her eyes flickered in saddens as she watched Mrs. O'Leary shivering and whimpering, "We can't leave her out here in the cold, Percy. Would it be alright if we just take her back to your apartment for now and figured out what to do?"

"Sure, that sounds good," nodded Percy. He glanced at the gloomy sky and advised, "We should probably start walking before it starts pouring and thundering."

Annabeth softly smiled at Mrs. O'Leary and ruffled her fur, "Mrs. O'Leary, do you want to come with us? We promised that we'll take care of you."

Mrs. O'Leary barked and grinned at Percy and her, causing them to beam.

"Okay, let's go!" Percy exclaimed.

"Oh, Estelle is going to be so ecstatic: she always wanted a dog!!" chuckled Percy as they arrived at his apartment complex and walked upstairs and she softly smiled.

When she and Percy came home, they all were wet and water dripped onto the wooden floor. Sally and Paul's eyes widened in surprise at them, seeing Mrs. O'Leary while Estelle exclaimed.

Percy quickly explained, "Mom, dad, please don't be upset but Annabeth and I found this stray dog on the street and it was raining and—"

"It's okay," reassured Paul, "We're far from being upset, I promise."

Sally agreed in agreement then said, "How about this? If you and Annabeth are free, can you guys run to Petco and get some dog supplies? If not, Paul can do it. I need to give Mrs. O'Leary a bath and she's probably very hungry."

"We can do it," nodded Annabeth and Percy agreed.

"Mommy! Daddy!" everyone looked at Estelle and the little girl asked, "Can we please keep her?!"

Sally shook her head with laugh, "I'm sorry sweetie but Mrs. O'Leary might already have a family that she needs to go home to."

Estelle pouted and Paul reassured, "But we'll see, alright? We might be able to adopt her."

"Okay..."

After the rain settled down, Annabeth and Percy then headed to Petco where they bought dog supplies for Mrs. O'Leary and she laughed as her boyfriend dragged her to see the fishes and they gazed at the aquarium.

"D-Do you want to raise a fish together with me?" he broke the silence between them, eyes stilled glued to the blue fish.

"What?!" Annabeth blinked, taken back by the question.

He then sheepishly looked at her and explained, "I think I'm actually going to get the blue fish—it's too cute not to and besides, it's a blue fish!!—and I was wondering do you want to coparent it with me?"

Her heart fluttered and she laughed, "Of course, I will, I'll be happy to."

[originally published on 11/30/20.]

[11/30/20] author's note! I have to put the iconic Mrs. O'Leary into the story and this chapter was solely inspired on the fact that it's snowing where I lived though there was no snow presented in this chapter!! Also, I had gotten of free time on my hand so expecting some daily updates though no promises on that as I'm going to try to revive some of my dead books! It's December tomorrow!! :) I hope everyone had a good Monday! Thank you for reading and have a good day/night! Till next time-Much Love, Lucinda! 💙