ii. Rumor Has It...?

After the surprise celebration where everyone was staring at her (probably because she and Percy were holding hands), Annabeth toured around Goode High School with Percy who tagged along because he claimed that he got "amnesia" and forgot where ev...

After the surprise celebration where everyone was staring at her (probably because she and Percy were holding hands), Annabeth toured around Goode High School with Percy who tagged along because he claimed that he got "amnesia" and forgot where everything was. (He spent the entire tour telling her little fun facts and stories that had happened in the school.) And when Annabeth thought she and Percy would go their separate ways, they spent their entire morning together as they shared all the same classes. (Who knew that Percy Jackson, who literally has five brain cells, was in all AP classes? Not her.)

It was currently lunchtime and Annabeth was sitting her lunch alone while trying

trying to suppress how flush her face was becoming as people sat beside her, talking loudly with their friends.

As Annabeth expected, she hadn't any friends, but it wasn't like no one knew who she was—the entire school knew her name (thanks Dr. Sunny), but everyone rather judged her, gawked at her, and whispered about her than talk to her. They just wanted to gossip—about what? Her being the new girl? She thought no one would really care about that...

If Annabeth was still back in California, she would be sitting at a table with Inez, and August, her friends, laughing while trying to catch Luke Castellan's sky blue eyes. Oh, how much she missed that golden boy.

Annabeth snapped out of her thoughts, realizing she was dreamily staring in Percy's direction with her elbow propped up and her hand supporting her head, and quickly looked away.

"Not a good view?"

Her eyes widened, seeing a gorgeous chocolate brown haired girl standing in front of her, and Annabeth stammered, "No, no, he's cute!"

"He is," she laughed then smiled, "I'm Piper McLean, nice to meet you, Annabeth Chase."

"Um, nice to meet you too, uh, Piper," blushed Annabeth, not even surprised that the girl knew her name.

"Can I sit here?" asked Piper and Annabeth nodded, "So, Annabeth, um, you're new here! How's your first day of school going?"

"I mean, it could be better, but it's okay," Annabeth shrugged, then confessed, "However, I don't get why a bunch of people are whispering about me or gawking at me—I haven't done anything scandalous! I'm literally new here."

Piper frowned, "You don't know about the rumors?"

Annabeth's eyes widened and she exclaimed, "What rumors? Ah! Oh god, is it related to Percy Jackson? Is that why people are gossiping about me? Because of him?"

Piper's expression made Annabeth sighed and she asked, "Do I want to know what people are saying about me and him?"

"Well, judging from your expression, I would say no, but...I don't think it's that bad."