xiii. King of My Heart

It was no surprise Annabeth Chase dreamt of Percy Jackson last night

It was no surprise Annabeth Chase dreamt of Percy Jackson last night. She bit back her grin when she woke up and saw the pink dress and Percy's coat on her bedroom floor. She could still recall his soft lips, his aroma, the lipstick stains, unbuttoned shirts, tousled hairs, love bites, and their confessions. Her heart felt it was about to burst.

Annabeth then spent her entire morning in a drunk dazed about last night, too giddy to focus on her schoolwork, and it was about evening when the effects of last night faded.

And instead, she became nervous. Percy had just invited her to his apartment and it was just going go to be the two of them (as Estelle and Sally left for grocery shopping) and after last night, Annabeth flushed at all the things they could do alone. But she doubts they'll do anything like that. (Oh, being horny does suck.)

Still, Annabeth dressed her prettiest and beamed when Percy invited her inside the apartment and she handed him his freshly cleaned jacket.

"Thank you," he smiled, "Uh, um. I just wanted to tell you that I had a such good time last night. I hope you did too, Annabeth."

"I did," she nodded, "It...was very fun."

They sheepishly blushed at one another then decided to watch a horror movie in the living room and they awkwardly sat next to each other. Who knew making out the night before would make things so weird?

Her heart sank and she wondered: did she screwed up everything? They just confessed that they're falling in love with one another—Why...Why did they feel so awkward?

Percy softly looked at Annabeth during mid-way movie and asked, "Do you regret last night?"

"No, I don't," she shook her head, "Do you?"

"I don't either," he answered, "I'm really happy that it happened, Annabeth, but if I have to be honest, it feels...kinda awkward transitioning from friends to...you know what I'm tying to say?"

"I do," Annabeth bit her lips, "What about this? Let's take it slow: we don't have to rush into anything right now."

"That sounds good," Percy then blushed, "But would it be alright if I still kiss you? I like kissing you."

Instead of answering Percy, she cupped his cheeks and kissed him and pulled away with a smile.

"Of course, you can still kiss me, you don't even have to ask."

"Oh?" he cheekily smiled, "Alright then..."

Percy's lips muffled Annabeth's laugh; she gasped as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her onto his lap and her legs instinctively wrapped around his waist, their lips still locked, hands roaming all over each other's bodies, eyes locked, and the movie long forgotten.

The next day, more love bites decorated her neck (which means more concealer); Annabeth waited outside Goode High School for Percy, listening to 'False God' by Taylor Swift.

A smile formed on her face as she spotted Percy and he ran to her; he pulled her into a hug and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck. She instantly felt herself became hot and quietly reminded Percy that they were in public as several people glanced at them.

He chuckled and smiled at her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I actually hate you," Annabeth bit back her smile as Percy wrapped an arm around her waist and they walked inside the school.

"I doubt that, Annabeth. I know you love me!" he grinned and she only smiled.

[originally published on 10/25/20!!]

[10/25/20] author's note! Third update in a row??? What's happening? The streak is probably going to be broken tomorrow as I know for a fact that I can't update tomorrow as I have school-I'm sorry but imagine the power i would have if I didn't have school>>>Also, I'm like very tired and I low-key have a headache today so I'm so sorry if nothing makes sense or anything like that! We're near the end of act one and I'm ~excited~!! Thank you for reading and have a good week! Much love, Lucinda! 🍪🍭✨❤️