Graduation

Hiccup's P.O.V.

"...That we are all in this together. Thank you." I finish my speech and head back to my seat next to Rosie Hoffmen. Rosie was one of our popular girls. She would always flirt with me. It was disgusting, I always declined. I wanted to sit next to my best friend Jack but we HAVE to sit alphbetical order. Which means I'm stuck next to Rosie.

Hiccup.....We have guests.

What? Oh! Hey, I didn't see you there. I'm Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. Great name, I know, but it's not the worst. I was named Hiccup because instead of crying like other kids when you're born, I hiccuped. I'm 19 years old and today I'm graduating. I'm the valedictorian for my grade, mainly because I have the highest percentage than anyone else. Even more than Jack.

Anyways, I have an older sister and a younger sister, along with an older brother. It goes Hayden, Hailey, me, then Hope. Hayden already has a fience and Hailey has a boyfriend. At the moment I'm dating Merida, a girl with wild red hair, and Hope doesn't have one yet. I'm justing hoping she's waiting for the right one. Out of the four of us, I've been the one choosen to run Berk when my father is ready to retire. Hayden is already 23 so he can't take it. Hailey is 21, but she's not really allowed to take it over, because whoever she married would take over anyways. Then Hope is 17, and my father would already want to retire before then so it leaves me. I have till my 21st birthday, then I take Berk over.

My father is the Chief here so that means one of his kids has to take over when he's ready for retirement. And when the one who's choosen has to take it over when they turn 21. It's the law here. And the best part is, I don't need to marry anyone by that time. But I will have to have an heir so they can continue the family name.

Okay, that's enough about me. Now I watch as our chief, my father, walks up to the podium on the stage. He places a hand on either side and starts speaking. "Now, seniors of Berk National High, please switch you tassel to the other side of your cap." Everyone takes their tassel and flip it to the left side of our caps. "Congratulations everybody, you have just graduated Berk National High!" Everybody cheers as us graduates take our caps and throw them into the air.

I catch mine and feel someone jump on my back. "Congratulations bro! We did it! We finally graduated!" Jack cheers as he wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Yea, we did!" I cheer.

We cheer with everyone else as I feel someone else jump on my back. Someone with puffy red hair. Merida. "Congrats babe!" She kisses my cheek and gets off my back, but hugs me from behind.

"You too Mer." I reply as I watch Punzie walk over and jump on Jack.

There not dating if you're wondering. They're just really good friends. Along with me and Mer. Before Merida and I started dating, we were really good friends. We had a crush on each other then so we tried dating. Now, I only like her as a friend. I'm planning on breaking up with her at the graduation party tonight.

"Congrats! We did it!! We all did it! We graduated!" Punzie cheers. "Now all we have left to worry about is collage!"

"Yea! I can't believe all of us are going to the same collage!" Jack replies.

"I know! This is going to be the best!" Merida shouts.

I sigh and shout. "Guys! Guys!!" They stop talking and look at me. "I'm not going to collage, remember? I'll be getting ready for my chiefdom."

"That's right! Our fishbone is going to be chief in a couple years!" Jack pats my shoulder and messes up my hair.

"I'll see ya later guys, I'm gonna find my family." I wave goodbye and walk off to find my family.