Hiccup Meets Hiccup

Hiccup's P.O.V.

Astrid and I walk down to the dungeon to met this look-alike of mine. I didn't have to come down but I promised Astrid I'd stay by her side. Besides, I want to see this guy for myself. Elsa says he looks exactly like the portrait in Astrid's old room, that he hasn't aged at all. I find that a bit hard to believe, but then again, Astrid and Elsa haven't aged since the spell happened. They had Gobber's help though; I wonder who he had helped him.

We walk down the dark corridor that's only illuminated by candles on either side of the wall. Each candle is about 10 feet away from each other, making it enough light so you aren't in complete darkness. Another thing about this space is the smell. It's not a pleasant smell, but it's also not the worst. I'd explain it to you if I could form the right words, but at the moment, I can't.

As we walk down the corridor, I wrap an arm around Astrid protectively. I pull her closer to me, making it impossible for anyone to pull her away if they tried. Hopefully, they are smart enough to not try, otherwise, I'll teach them all a lesson.

"Hiccup.. you okay?"

I break out of my thoughts and look down at Astrid, who stares at me with worry. I nod slightly and kiss the top of her head. "Yeah, I'm okay. I just want to make sure no one takes you."

She smiles slightly and places a hand upon my cheek. "No one is going to take me, I promise."

"They better not." I lean forward and gently place a kiss on her forehead. "I don't plan on letting you go," I whisper.

I stay there for a moment as I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around her as I place my chin on the top of her head. We stay there for a couple of minutes before pulling away from a little, smiling at each other. She looks up to me with her enchanting blue eyes, allowing me to get lost in them. Before I know it, she plants her soft lips against mine gently. I smile against them and return the kiss.

When we pull away, I kiss her forehead softly as I wrap an arm around her waist. She looks up at me for a moment with a smile. I smile back to her and we continue our way toward the desired cell.

All the cells we walk past are empty, except for old uncomfortable metal beds with nothing but an old thing mattress upon it. Few of the cells have windows in them but most of them don't. There's a line of cells on one side while the other is a combination of a cell and a pathway leading to more.

Before we know it, we are in front of the only occupied cell down here. It's dark on the inside of it but I can still see the outline of the man. He doesn't face us but instead looks ahead to the opposite wall while sitting on the metal bed. He has a small figure that resembles my own but has what looks to be a missing leg.

"You have a lot of nerve to show up here Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the First," Astrid growls as she looks into the dark cell.

A deep chuckle echoes through our surroundings. "I do, but I'm sure you'd like to know my reasoning."

"I would, as well as answers to a whole lot of questions." She hisses.

"Don't worry, you'll get answers to all the questions bouncing in that pretty head of yours." He chuckles as a creak emits from the bed, indicating him standing up. We hear the sound of a footstep and a metal ping before seeing his frame step into the light.

My eyes widen as I stare at the image in front of me. They were not kidding about him looking exactly like me. We have the same auburn hair, the same emerald eyes, and even the same body shape. The freckles on his face almost match exactly with the ones on my own, even though they can barely be seen. I feel like I'm looking in a mirror except for the fact that we're wearing different clothes and I have both my legs.