Celebration Set-Up

Elsa's P.O.V. 

I glance around the giant field as a variety of servants and town members decorate it for my sister's birthday party. Silver streamers hang from the surrounding trees as golden bows dangle from their branches. In the open field itself, there stands a stage for musicians, a table for gifts, long banquet tables for food and drinks, and plenty of chairs to go around. In front of the stage, we've kept a large amount of space open for dancing. 

"This place is looking amazing," Jack's voice carries out from behind me. 

Turning around, I see Jack glancing around at all the surrounding decorations. I smile at him and watch as he walks around the space, taking in everything.

"You certainly outdid yourself," Jack responds, turning his attention towards me. 

"Well, she's my sister. And this is the first birthday party she'll get to have after 200 years. Of course, I'm going to outdo myself," I say, looking around the decorated space, "She deserves it." 

I feel Jack's arms wrap around me from behind as his lips press against my cheek. "I have no doubt she deserves it. She certainly has the best sister to take care of her." 

Pressing my hands on top of his, I smile and turn my attention toward him. "Well, I certainly try the best I can. Especially now that she's awake after being asleep for so long." 

"And you will still have plenty of time to spend time with her and spoil her. She will be very thankful for this," he answers, kissing my cheek once again, "Now, how about we take a walk as they finish setting up? We still have a couple of hours until the party starts and they pretty much have everything under control over here." 

"Are you sure?" I ask, turning around to fully face him, "I mean there's still quite a bit to do. We have to make sure all the food is prepped and set. We have to make sure we have enough space for all the guests and-" 

"Hey, it's alright," he jumps in, "I know there are people here who are able to take care of that. I think you need a break and I want to spend some time with you. I think it would be a good idea to take a break so you don't end up stressing too much when the party starts." 

"Who says I'll end up stressing?" I ask. 

He chuckles, "It's just a guess. A lot of people usually end up stressing when they have a big event happening that they want to go well." He smiles and kisses my forehead. "So, care to join me for a walk?" 

I take a moment to think about his offer. A walk doesn't sound like a bad idea. It actually sounds pretty nice. Since I woke up this morning, I've been so busy making sure Astrid has the best birthday. She completely deserves it. She deserves a day where it's all about her. No one else. Everyone deserves a day like that, but since it is Astrid's birthday, it is her turn to feel like that. 

After a moment, I look up at Jack and give him a smile. "I would very much enjoy a walk with you," I respond, "Just let me put someone in charge, alright?" 

He nods in response with a smile, "Alright, I'll wait here." 

~~Later~~

"Alright, so where are we going?" I ask as we walk through the woods.

"Well... I was talking with Hiccup the other day and he mentioned a beautiful spot near the cliff he saw while on a flight with his dragon, Toothless. He gave me rough directions, I'm just seeing if I could find it," he explains as he looks around. 

I chuckle quietly, flattered that he wanted to bring me to a special spot. "Here, I think I know what he was talking about. Let me see if I could possibly find it."