Worried Feeling

Astrid's P.O.V.

After Hiccup took me to Stormfly's resting place, we end up going for another flight around the island. Neither of us really wanted to head back quite yet and I personally didn't want to leave the comfort of Hiccup's presence. I've grown quite fond of having Hiccup around. He's not only a wonderful person to be by but I've learned quite a bit about him this past month.

He has two older siblings and one younger. Hayden, which is the oldest, then Hailey, him, and then his youngest sister Hope. Supposedly both of his older siblings have someone special while he and his youngest sister don't have one yet. I personally hope he finds one soon, he certainly deserves it after all I've seen from him.

Hiccup is a sweet and caring person who wants nothing more than to protect the people he cares about. He's told me about the different times he's protected his youngest sister from a variety of different bullies. Apparently not many people like her. I don't understand why because from what I've heard, she's an angel.

Another thing I've learned about Hiccup is that he is very passionate about his crafts. I had gone over to the forge one day to see how he was and got to learn some of the basics. He did a wonderful job of teaching me and knew everything that he was doing. Even when I was having troubles, he had a smile on his face. It's like nothing I could mess up in the forge would become a bother to him.

He had such patience with me that I wondered how he could be with children. He could be such a great father if he wanted to be. I personally hope he would be. His children would be just as beautiful and handsome as he is.

Now look at me, I've only known him for a month and I feel like I am already falling for him. I even told myself I wouldn't do it but he's such the opposite of the monster from the past. I can't imagine him being anything like that evil man. The past was evil, wicked, a monster, and trickster and so much more. The present is sweet, kind, caring, passionate, protective, and ever so patient. They are basically complete opposites. Honestly, I would be surprised if no one fell in love with him.

Currently, I have my arms wrapped around Hiccup's waist and look at the darkening sky around us. The stars sparkle and shine like the gems on many of my dresses. These are all different and natural when compared to my collection of ballgowns.

As we fly, I decide to rest my head against his back. I smile a bit as I feel his breathing and heartbeat. I take a moment to close my eyes and enjoy the feeling of being this close.

When I open my eyes again, I look down toward the glistening water. The ocean is calm with slight waves that crash against the cliffs and shores. From this view, the ocean is much darker than the night sky. Few stars reflect off of it while the moon goes almost the entire distance. It's a gorgeous view that I used to love to see with Stormfly. But even though she's gone, I still get to see it with someone else who has grown close to my heart.

I slowly lift my head when I see a boat in the distance. It's quite a distance away next to a sea stack, but it's still close enough for me to see if I was on the edge of a cliff. Now I can't see any logo on the sail or anything to tell me where it's from. All I know is that it's not one of ours. We keep all of our ships at the docks at night and none are able to go sailing at night unless given permission by the queen. We do it for the safety of our town to keep anyone from either getting hurt or lost at sea.

"Hiccup..." I say as I look toward the ship.

"Yes Astrid?"

I point toward the ship and glance over to him. "Do you possibly know why that ship is there?" I ask.

He looks towards it for a moment and shakes his head. "No idea. Is it any of your ships?"

I shake my head. "No. We have a law that keeps people from sailing at night. It can be dangerous to sail at such a time."