Dragon Training

Jack's P.O.V.

The next day at noon, Hiccup and I along with a few others stand inside the Dragon Academy while the rest of the village is around the the top looking down at us. They are separated from us with a chain roof.

I feel like I'm here to be eaten my a dragon and the fellow villagers get to watch as it tears me limb from limb. I'll be forced to watch as my best friend's head is chomped off by a vicious beast! Oh lord, please kill me first!!

My thoughts get interrupted as I see Queen Elsa stand in front of a chair on a high platform outside the stadium. I keep my gaze focused on her as she quiets down her subjects with a wave of a hand. Even with just a wave of a hand she's so graceful and respected.

"Welcome everyone to the day where we figure out if one of our lucky visitors can train the night fury!" She pauses as people begin to cheer loudly. Once they've calmed down a bit, she continues. "One by one, the visitors will get the chance to try training this magnificent creature! If one of these five visitors can train the dragon, then they will have a celebration held to their name with the chance to wake Princess Astrid up from her slumber!" The crowd cheers louder this time. "Now, the first lucky contestant is 17 year old Timothy! We wish you luck!"

Everyone cheers as Timothy steps forward. The rest of us step in the safe zone so the dragon doesn't come after us. Timothy has blonde hair that goes down to his back and is as skinny as a twig. Almost like Hiccup but skinnier. He pulls his hair back into a pony tale and takes his stance as he waits for the gate to open.

Once the gates open, a black dragon jumps out and flies around the stadium a few times. Timothy watches with wide eyes and backs up a little bit. He waits for the dragon to land and tries jumping onto his back. Sadly, he doesn't last that long and ends up being flown into a pile of hay along the side of the wall.

The other two contestants go and have the same luck Timothy did and ended up either in a pile of hay or buckets. Then it gets to my turn. Hiccup places a hand on my shoulder to say it's okay. "You got this bro." He smiles and he gently pushes me out into the training ground. I take a deep breath and walk to the center and wait for the gates to open. I take a quick glance up at Else to see her give me a smile and a small thumbs up. I smile and turn my attention back the gate.

The gate opens and the black dragon jumps out again, but this time at me. I move quickly on my feet and dodge it before has a chance to pin me down. I decide to go for a different trick and jump on it's tail instead of it's back. The dragon turns his head to face me and growls at me. I jump off his tail and tries to run but gets tripped to the floor by the beast, ending in a defeat.

Men come down and get the dragon back in it's cage before it can do any harm to anyone. Hiccup jogs forward and helps me up. "You alright?" He asks.

"A little out of breath, but yea." He pats my back and we walk back to the safe zone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiccup's P.O.V.

I get back to the safe zone with Jack and wait with everyone else. I look to Elsa once I hear her start speaking. "Last but not least, it's Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the III!" The moment the rest of the town here's my full name they gasp. They must all know what my name means. I take a deep breath and walk out to the center of the field. "This might be the lucky winner! He might have the chance to train this night fury and wake up the sleeping princess!"

I'll sure try, but I doubt I'll do any better then the others. I stand straight and keep my focus on the gate. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before giving a nod for them to open the gate.