Getting to Know Each Other

Jack's P.O.V.

By the time Hiccup and Astrid had arrived, dinner wasn't ready yet. So, while we waited, we decided to walk go into the family room and play some games. The games they play are different from the board games Hiccup and I usually play when at home. There are a couple of similar games, but most feel different.

According to Elsa, playing games was a rare occurrence for the royal family. When their parents were alive, they would try to play once or twice a month. Their parents would get so busy taking care of the kingdom, family time didn't always happy. It seemed like family time wasn't a big priority for their parents. Then again, I may be wrong. I see a lot of photos of them with their parents. I believe I've also heard one of them talk about some memories they had.

One of the first games we decide to play is a card game. We had found a deck of cards in a drawer from a built-in hutch. There were actually a couple of decks in the drawer. If we wanted to, we could've played "Hand and Foot", one of Hiccup's and I's favorite games. It may take a while, but we would be able to teach the girls how to play. Though instead of playing "Hand and Foot", we decide to play "Go Fish". It's a simpler game, but it's fun.

We each sit around a round table, allowing each of us to see one another as we play. I sit between Elsa and Astrid with Hiccup across from me. The deck of cards sits in the middle of the table so each of us can reach it when we need to. We let Elsa start the first round and Astrid start the second. So far, I haven't one yet, but soon, I will. I can feel it. We've played three rounds so far and right now Elsa has two points and Astrid has one. Hiccup currently doesn't have any and I am happy about that.

The more rounds we play, the more rounds I lose. By the time we finish our last game, I've only won one game. Elsa ended up becoming victorious by the end of it all and surprisingly, Hiccup got second. I guess I shouldn't be surprised he was able to get second, but knowing him, I feel he would've let Astrid beat him more. Though, she doesn't seem too upset about losing her boyfriend. Instead, it seemed like she encouraged him to beat her.

Either way, the game went well. By the time we finished our last round, dinner was ready. As we started walking towards the dining hall, I decide to pull Astrid ahead and talk to her. I haven't spoken to her a whole lot since she woke up, so I feel like I don't really know who's dating my best friend. All I currently know about her is that she's Elsa's sister, she used to have an ex named Hiccup, and she's a princess. I can guarantee Hiccup knows more about her than I do.

"I'm going to talk to Astrid," I whisper to Elsa, so she knows why I'm leaving her side.

She gives me a nod with a smile before kissing my cheek. I smile at the gesture before taking a few steps forward and gently grabbing Astrid's arm. Both Hiccup and Astrid look at me with surprise as I pull Astrid ahead a bit.

"Hey!" Hiccup's voice rings as I pull Astrid away.

"I'm just going to talk with her. You'll get her back, don't worry." I say, glancing back at him. I hear him sigh in the background and his voice talking with Elsa's.

"So, you wanted to talk with me?" Astrid's voice pulls my eyes forward towards her. She glances at me suspiciously, curious to know why I want to speak with her.

I nod, "Yeah. I want to get to know you more. I mean you are dating my best friend after all."

"Am I now?" She asks.

"Oh yes, you are." I grin. "Hiccup and I have been friends ever since we were wee little things." I use my hand to indicate how small we were when we met.

Astrid chuckles as she watches my hand movements. "Alright, so I'm courting your best friend. What would you like to know?"

"Well, more about you of course," I say, gesturing to her. "Like, what's your favorite color?"