Change Is In The Air

Hiccup's P.O.V.

I walk home from work after a long day of crafting. Looking to my hands, I notice how dirty they are, even after washing them five times before I left. This is what I get from wanting to work in a blacksmith shop. Oh well, I guess I'll have to try a few more times when I get home.

As I walk home, I take a look around to see kids running around playing with one another and other merchants making sales. I even notice that some of the kids are chasing baby dragons. Even though I've been here for a couple of weeks, I still can't get over the fact that dragons actually exist. Not only that, but they are also really friendly with humans. I haven't seen one human attack a dragon or a dragon attack a human. I really wonder how they are able to do that. I guess I'll have to ask the queen the next time I see her.

Speaking of which, Queen Elsa is actually on a date with Jack. A bit surprising but also nice to know that Jack may have found someone that actually likes him. He's had a few girlfriends in the past, but none of them actually liked his unique personality. No, he isn't dumb, and he also doesn't have the highest IQ but, he does have an exciting personality. He enjoys having fun and loves to put smiles on kids faces. When it comes to it, he will also become quite serious about things that really matter to him. Hopefully he actually found someone who will accept all sides of him.

As I get closer to the door, I get knocked down to the floor. Before I have a chance to turn to see what may have happened, I start feeling quite a couple of licks not only on my face, but almost on my entire body. I start laughing as I come to realization of who it is.

"Toothless!" I chuckle. "You know that doesn't wash out!" I gently push him up as I sit up, petting him on his nose. "It's good to see you too bud. You hungry?"

He looks to me with a gummy smile, allowing his tongue to stick out as he licks me one more time.

I chuckles some more before standing on my feet. "Alright, come on, let's go get your food."

I head to the shed were we keep Toothless's supply of food. As soon as I open the door, Toothless sits patiently waiting for his dinner to arrive. I grab one of the baskets of food and place it down in front of him, allowing him to dig right into the basket of raw fish.

I watch for a few moments as he eats. "I don't understand how you guys can eat that." I chuckle and pet him before walking toward the front door, allowing Toothless to eat in piece.

Once I get to the front door, I notice that the door is cracked open. I sigh as I push it open. "Come on Jack...." I mumble to myself before noticing something on the floor. Wait, not something, someone.

"Astrid!"

I rush over to her side and gently shake her. "Astrid... Astrid!" As I call her name, she stays unresponsive. Scared, I lean in just enough to hear her breathing shallowly. I sigh in relief and gently pick her up, looking around for the best place to put her. I look to the couch thinking that it may not be soft enough to sleep on.

After figuring out where to place Astrid, I pick her up and start carrying her up the stairs. I carry her upstairs into my room and gently open my door as carefully as possible. Once it's open, I walk over to the bed and gently lay her down. I look to her for a moment and watch as she sleeps peacefully. Thinking about how beautiful she is when she's sleeping. It's just like the moment before I woke her up from her slumber a couple of days ago.

Even though we've only known each other for a couple of days, I can't help but want to learn more about her. I only know a few things that I've been told by both Elsa and a bit herself, but otherwise she won't seem to tell anyone about herself. It's almost like she refuses to trust anyone, especially me. I guess in the end it all makes since but I feel like she may never begin to trust me. No matter how hard I try.

I look to Astrid for one last moment before walking over to my closet to grab a pair of fresh clothes. I'm still all sweaty from work and it wouldn't be a smart idea to be all dirty once the princess wakes up. So once grabbing my clothes, I walk over to the bathroom and take a shower.

~~Later~~
Astrid's P.O.V.

I groan as I wake up to a throbbing in my head. I bring a hand to it and go to sit up, only to feel dizzy and sick. I lay back down, resting my head against a soft surface. Even though I'm curious to know what it may be, my head hurts to much for me to even care at the moment. I close my eyes again to try and fall back asleep, hoping my headache will disappear. Though even as I try to fall back asleep, I hear footsteps walk into the room.

I carefully open my head and look over to see a tall auburn haired guy standing shirtless with a towel around his neck going through what seems to be a closet. I carefully watch him as he tosses a towel to the side and pulls a shirt over his toned body. Even through the shirt I can see his toned back and strong arms. The sight of his toned body makes my cheeks heat up.

It takes a moment for me to realize that the person standing a few feet away from me is Hiccup. I widen my eyes for a moment as I feel my cheeks heat up even more. I shut my eyes tightly and turn my head to the side, hoping he doesn't end up seeing me awake. This would be completely embarrassing if he knew I saw him shirtless. For me mostly but there's a chance he may also be embarrassed as well.

I keep my head turned away and eyes closed as I hear Hiccup takes a few steps around the room. A couple of things shuffle around on his desk, probably him grabbing a couple of things. After what feels like forever, I hear his footsteps walk out the room and the door close behind him.

Once I'm sure he's out of the room, I slowly push myself up onto my elbows and take a look around the room. It looks almost exactly how it did 200 years ago when my past lived in this house. There's still a big window open to a view of the sky above. Even with the view, my head begins to swirl again as it did hours before.

I decide then it might be best to try to get some more rest, hoping this headache will go away soon. I lean back into the bed and close my eyes, pulling the blanket over me even more. The blanket is soft and fuzzy, filling me with warmth. And it even smells like the forest with a bit of metaled. I pull the blanket closer and feel the comfort of it surround me, thus allowing me to fall back into slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Everyone!!!

This chapter is a bit shorter than they usually are but I didn't want to cut my idea in half! Though this idea for this chapter and the couple of chapters before were given to me by @XIloveimaginationX! Thank you so much for your ideas, they have been very helpful with this story!

Now for those of you who may have ideas for this story and wish to share them, please do! I would love to know what they are and they may end up being used in future chapters!! I can't wait to see what you all have going on in your creative amazing minds!

I thank you all for reading this chapter and will be working on a few other chapters for other stories before updating this one one more time!

I love you all and I can't wait to see you in the next chapter!!!

~~HeavensAngels_😇