A Gift With Feelings

Astrid's P.O.V.

When my sister suggested we invite the boys over for dinner, I was extremely excited. I didn't have a chance to see Hiccup today and I wanted to thank him for everything he's done for me last night. I've never had a man take care of me the way he has. He was respectful the entire time I was there. The entire time, he not only listen to me speak about my past and cry about it, but he was also acting like he wanted nothing more than protect me. I felt safe around him, something I haven't felt in a long time.

Since I told my sister I wanted dinner to be casual, I decided to go up to my new room next to hers and dress properly. From the moment we talked about moving my room down to a different level, we've been having our staff go up and down the stairs to make it happen. I helped as much as I could until I was told to stop by my sister. She requested I take a break and let them finish up; that I could handle putting the room together once everything was in the room. 

Once I walk into my room, I walk over to my closet to see what dresses I have. I open the door and look at the collection of dresses dangling from their hangers. Most of the dresses that I have are for more elegant and fancy for balls and celebrations. The few casual dresses I have, I barely wear. I used to wear them a lot when I was with the old Hiccup, the one who betrayed me. I'd wear them as I walked around town with him, make it easier to blend in with the people. They all knew who I was but, they treated me more like a friend and less of a princess. I don't like to feel more superior over anyone, no matter who they are. It's not fair for me to act like the world is all mine when people struggle. I like to let them know I care and I will do all I can to help them.

After looking at the variety of dresses in my closet, I settle on a simple white dress with a blue covering. It looks more royal with the gold lining along the edges but it's still a more casual outfit compared to the rest of my closet. The main sleeves are long but the blue over coat has sleeves that are almost as long as the dress. Right above the arms are gold bands that match the lining. I even grab a pair of black flats to complete the look. (Down below)

I look to myself in the mirror and smile softly of my casual attire

I look to myself in the mirror and smile softly of my casual attire. I feel more like me and less like the princess I'm supposed to be. I was never completely against the fancy dresses, but as I've had more time to see life in the village, the more I seem to enjoy the casual look. It's more comfy then a dress with corset that likes to take the wind out of you every time you tighten it.

After admiring my casual outfit, I decide to put my hair into a small half up braid. (Like the one in the 3rd movie) After doing so, I looked at my collection of jewelry to see if there was anything that I could wear with the outfit. Nothing seemed to work well enough in my opinion so I just let it be. Most of the necklaces has bit jewels that represent the wealth our kingdom has. It was never really much of who I was but when your the daughter of the king, you must look and dress the part.

Once done, I hear a knock at my door. I walk over curiously to see who it is. When I get there, I open it to revel my sister in a simple purple gown with 3/4 sleeves. A small silver belt wraps around her waist, allowing her to show off her curves. The top of the dress is off the shoulders, making her look elegant yet comfortable at the same time. All of it ties together with a silver snowflake hanging around her neck.