Unknown Growing Feelings

Hiccup's P.O.V.

I stay downstairs and work in my sketchbook. Though the only thing that I can think about at the moment is Astrid being unconscious upstairs in my room. Even though I'm curious as to why she was here in the first place, I want to make sure she's okay. She was laying on the ground and barely breathing. Something could've happened if I didn't come sooner.

I look to my sketch of Astrid in my book and sigh. Setting the book down, I lean back against the couch and sigh. The only person I'm able to think about is her. No matter how hard I try to clear my mind and think of something else, Astrid is still there front and center. With her blonde hair framing her face and her ocean blue eyes shinning for the world to see. And even the small smile that she barely shows to those around her. You're lucky enough if you get the chance to see it.

Placing the sketch next to me, I decide to get up and walk around. Maybe if I do something else, I might be able to clear my mind. Usually drawing can help me with that but it's not working this time. This time, the only thought in my head is making sure that she's alright. I feel like it's my duty to make sure Elsa doesn't lose her sister again for another couple hundred years.

After a couple of minutes, I finally decide to go upstairs to check on Astrid. I grab a glass of water just in case she woke up. She may want something to drink to help her feel better. There's a chance she was just hungry. I don't know but it's a possibility. Well, if she is hungry I also may want to bring up a snack she can munch on as well. But what do we have that she can eat?

Once I finally decide to grab some fruit and a glass of water, I head upstairs. I walk up the stairs and glance at my bedroom door at the top of the steps. Within moments, I am standing in front of my door. I take a deep breath, trying to calm my random nerves. I'm not sure why I'm so nervous but I am.

As I breath out, I reach for the handle in front of me and open the door. I step inside to see Astrid still asleep on the bed in front of me. I walk over to the side table and set the food and water down. I look over to Astrid to see her face peaceful with sleep. You wouldn't even be able to tell that she went unconscious.

As I look to her, I notice that a some of her hair had fallen in front of her face. I carefully sit on the edge of the bed and gently move the strand. I tuck it behind her ear and look to her as she sleeps. Her beauty shines as she lays there. She's beautiful when she's awake but when she sleeps, it's like you don't want to look away.

After a couple of moments, I shake my head and stand up. I rub my face and run my hands through my hair. As I take a breath, I take a moment to close my eyes. I look out the big window which is almost like a skylight. The sky darkens and the sky turns into a watercolor painting. Even though we can't see the sun from my room, I can still tell that the sun is setting. The colors blend together with one another, just like a painting.

I take a few steps forward as I look out the window before turning around. Since I don't know when Astrid may wake up, I'm not quite sure what to do. It might be a good idea to let Elsa know what's going on. Then again, I don't want to bother her date with Jack. I guess I should worry more about this later, seeing when she wakes up.

Within minutes, I walk over to my desk and sit there. The least I could do is stay here till she wakes up. She might feel safer that way when she wakes up. It will also allow me to keep an eye on her in case anything goes wrong.

Now, I just have to do something to keep me busy.

~~Later~~
Astrid's P.O.V.

I groan softly as I feel myself wake up. I yawn and slowly open my eyes to look around. As I rub my eyes, I notice there is a figure sitting at the desk against the wall. I narrow my eyes as I try to think of who the person could be. It takes me a moment to realize that it's Hiccup sitting at the desk. He seems to be focused on whatever it is he is doing.