Fresh Changes

Elsa's P.O.V.

I sit in the throne room and look over the list of daily tasks that need to get done for the day. Most of the items on the list are simple things. Approving changes for the castle as well as for the people. Not only are changes going in for the entire town, but I also thought about some changes for Astrid. I know she's been asleep for 200 years but I feel a change of space and scenery may end up being beneficial for her. Though I'll have to talk to her about it once I find her.

Ever since I came back last night, I haven't seen Astrid at all. She wasn't in her room when I returned from my night with Jack and there was no sign of struggle anywhere. I also didn't see any notes as to where she could've gone. I understand she's been out by herself before but I can't help but worry. Usually she's back by dinner, not the next day. The only other time this happened, she was put to sleep for two entire centuries.

I sat up almost all night trying to think of all the possible places she would be. The only way I got to sleep is when I knew I wouldn't be much help sleep walking. The guards have been searching all night and they haven't found any signs of her. I even checked her room this morning in case she came in late for some reason but she wasn't there. I might have to have someone watch her at all times, just in case something does happen. I can't loose my sister again, not after I got her back after waiting forever to find someone to save her.

As I continue to work on my checklist, I hear the doors to the throne room open. I quickly lift my head to see my sister walk into the room, her eyes toward me. I breath a huge sigh of relief and raise from my chair. Within moments I cross the room and wrap her up in my arms. I hold her close, not ever wanting to let her out of my sight again. I feel her arms wrap around me and we stay like that for quite awhile. Neither of us pull away, allowing one another to enjoy the moment.

Once we pull away, I bring my hands up to her face and cup her cheeks. I smile to myself as I bring my hands to her shoulders. "I was so worried about you! Where were you?" I ask.

She looks to me and grabs hold of my hands, squeezing them in comfort. "I'm alright, don't worry. I couldn't stop thinking of the home my past used to be in. I wanted to see if it changed or not. I ended up not feeling well so Hiccup allowed me to stay there for the night."

"You stayed at Hiccup's place?" I ask her a bit surprised. Usually she doesn't dare stay at anyone's house, no matter who that person is. And since she was at the place where she spent most of her past, I can only image how she feels.

She nods. "Yes, I did. But I'm alright. He stayed there the entire night. He made sure I was safe. Even had his dragon protect me." She chuckles slightly.

I smile a bit. "Good, how are you emotionally? I can only imagine how you felt being back there."

"I'm alright now, don't worry." She smiles and squeezes my hands again. "I'm going to head up to my room and freshen up, we can discuss more when I'm done."

I nod and smile. "Alright, I'll be here."

She nods and let's go of my hands before walking out of the room. I watch as her slim figure disappears through the doors. I stand there for a couple of long moments before turning around and heading back to my seat. My throne sits in the center of the raised stage before us, allowing me to sit higher than the people when here. Very rarely though do we ever use this room for any celebratory events. Most balls are either held in the garden or in the ballroom, never the throne room. We don't even hold meetings here very often.

As I take my seat, I think about the locations of all the rooms in the castle. My sisters room currently resides at the top of the tower where she's been sleeping for the past couple hundred years. She used to be closer to me before everything happened, and I might bring her back down. The walk to her current room isn't the shortest walk, and it does come with a lot of stairs. At the end of the day, it would make me a lot happier to know she's closer. I want her to be safe and I can guarantee that when she's with me, or even close to me. She may not like it, but I may have to have guards posted outside her door for awhile.

I should be relaxed knowing she's back safe at the castle and was safe last night. Though I can't seem to stop thinking that something will happened to her again. I can't loose my sister, I just can't. I know word will spread of her awakening and I can only imagine what that is going to bring. It may not all be gifts and good wishes. Some may end up being worse than what we want. If that does happen, I'd have to find somewhere for her to go. At the moment she's safe here, but I'm not sure that's going to last.

~~Later~~
Astrid's P.O.V.

I sit with my sister in the garden and eat some lunch. The cook made my favorite meal of chicken, pasta, and veggies. It's a meal I've always enjoyed since I was a kid. Nothing else has seemed to satisfy me as much. Well, besides the fish Hiccup made last night, which was both excellent in taste as well as smell. I may ask for him to make it again, or to even show the cook how he makes it. If I didn't think of it sooner, that might have become my new favorite dish.

As we eat, I notice my sister seeming distant with her eyes. She doesn't seem to focus on anything special, but instead looks towards the fountain. I look to her curiously. "Elsa?" I ask, waving a hand in front of her face.

"Hmm?" She comes out of her zone and looks to me. "Yes? Everything alright?"

I nod. "Yes, are you okay though? You were zoned out."

She nods. "Yes, I'm fine." She smiles softly to me and takes a bite.

I can tell she's lying by the way she speaks her words. Her voice seemed quiet and unfocused. She's not usually like that unless something is on her mind.

"Elsa, what's on your mind? I can tell something is bothering you." I watch as her focus shifts from her plate to me.

She sighs before speaking. "I've been thinking quite a bit recently, and I need to ask you a question."

"Alright, what is it?" I ask.

"I was wondering if you would like to move your room out of the tower. It's a long walk and I feel that you'd be more comfortable being downstairs some more. I even have a room next to me if you'd like to be there." She explains her question before I even have a chance to answer. 

I take the moment to think about it. Switching for the tower to a room on a lower level isn't a bad idea, especially after late nights. Walking up a couple flights of stairs in heels isn't exactly the most comfortable thing in the world, especially after dancing all night. When I was younger I used to actually share a room with my sister until I personally turned the age of 10. Our parents wanted us together as much as possible before we had our own rooms.

I smile and looks to my sister. "I would love to move my room to a lower level."

I watch as her smile widens with joy. She takes my hands from across the table and holds onto them. "Oh that's wonderful!! I'll make sure to have that completely done by tonight! I'll have the staff work on getting your stuff switched."

I watch as she talks excitedly about my room change.  I chuckles quietly to myself and listen as she talks about all the different ideas she has to decorate my room. There are times when I feel like my sister gets more excited about things than I do. Well I guess as long as she's happy, then I'll be happy as well. Besides, I'll get to move closer to my sister and not have to walk up a thousand steps a night in order to go to bed. Instead I'll be near my sister, and farther away from the place I've resides for 200 years. It'll be a fresh start, something I think we all need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone!!

I apologize if a few things are a bit off in the chapter or some spelling is wrong. I was laying in bed, working on finishing this chapter because I had the idea in my head, but I was also slowly falling asleep!

I promise this chapter isn't boring! It's just me, tired from a long day of typing!

Anyways, I do hope you enjoyed this chapter! I had a chance to update a few other stories today as well! I'll work on the next chapter shortly, after I finish a few others.

If you have ideas for this story or any others, please feel free to comment or message me! Also please don't forget to vote!!

Anyways, time for me to get some rest!

Goodnight!!

I love you all and thank you!!
~~HeavensAngels_😇