Trust and Comfort

Astrid's P.O.V.

I look to Hiccup as he holds me in his arms. Unsure of what to do, we both just stay there looking to one another. He caught me after I started to lose my balance and now here we are, inches away from each other. Any closer and I swear we would share a kiss.

Before I know it, Hiccup picks me up bridal style. He holds me close and brings me to the couch. My cheeks burn with heat as I watch him. Unsure of what to do, I hold onto him and stay quiet. Surprisingly the feel of being in his arms is quite comforting. I actually wouldn't mind staying here for awhile.

Much to my dismay, Hiccup sets me down. I sit there on the couch and mentally scream at my self for wanting to stay in his arms. I can't be liking him this quickly! He could be messing with me! He could actually be the man from my past. But the way he interacts with me is much kinder. He's gentle and always seems to have caution.

"Are you alright?" I look over to Hiccup who sits next to me, worry over his face.

I nod. "I am, thank you." The heat remains on my cheeks as we share a look with each other.

He sighs in relief. "Thank Thor. Let me grab you something to eat."

I watch as he gets up from the spot next to me and walks over to the kitchen. As he continues cooking, I realize how worried he was. The worry in his eyes was something I have only seen a couple of times. Mostly from my sister and parents. Not once have I had a gentleman give me that look. Not even the love from 200 years ago.

I truly start to wonder how different this Hiccup is. I've seen some differences over the past couple of days. Not once though have I actually taken the chance to get to know him. I've learned a couple of things that he enjoys to do, but none of them are who he is as a person. I guess that is something I'll have to work on.

My thoughts get interrupted when Hiccup walks over to me with a plate full of freshly made food. "Here you are." Hiccup hands me the plate of fish. "Soup is almost done."

I look up to him. "Thank you."

Taking the plate out of his hand, I can smell the deliciousness of the fish before me. It smells amazing. Now that I think on it, I haven't had fish in such a long time. I can only image how this is going to taste.

As Hiccup goes back to the kitchen to grab some food for himself, I continue to look at the plate in front of me. I can literally feel my mouth water and my stomach grumble.

"You don't have to wait for me. Go ahead, eat."

I look up to see Hiccup watching me stare at my food. I blush slightly in embarrassment. "Right.... sorry."

I look to the food and finally take the much wanting bite. The moment the fish hits my tongue, flavor bursts forth everywhere. I never realized how much I missed fish! It's so good! Especially this one! I didn't even realize how amazing well Hiccup cooked!

"This is amazing!" I tell him as I take another bite.

He watches me and chuckles a little bit. "Thank you, I'm glad your enjoying it."

I giggle and continue to eat, along with Hiccup. Man, I wish I had this sooner!

~~Later~~
Hiccup's P.O.V.

After dinner, I clean up the dishes as Astrid sits on the couch. I glance over to her every now and then to see her look around the house. I watch as she looks over to the bookcase as well as the fireplace in front of her. I even watch as she pulls her knees up to her chest and wraps her arms around them.

She must be cold. I think.

When I'm done with the dishes, I decide to make Astrid a cup of hot cocoa. This along with a blanket should help warm her up if she's cold. I heat up the water and put some of the cocoa mix into a coffee mug. Once the water is hot enough, I pour it into the cup and mix up the cocoa. I add some marshmallows as well as some whip cream.