Flood of Memories

Astrid's P.O.V.

I walk around town by myself, trying to get some fresh air as well as clear my mind. My sister Elsa actually ended up going on a date with Hiccup's friend Jack. Which by the way, makes me very very surprised. I never fully thought my sister would have feelings for anyone. She has always been for herself her entire life. She cared more for the people than finding a king to rule with her. So when she told me she was going on a date with someone, it took me completely by surprise.

Even though I'm happy for my sister that she may have found someone she cares for, I can't help but think about my experience with love. I never had the greatest luck. I mean I fell so hard for a man who just ended up putting me to sleep for 200 years. And thanks to that man, I now have trust issues with every guy I see. Even this modern day Hiccup.

On the outside, it may seem like I may be alright with him and feel safe. Though that is far from wrong. Every time I walk into my bedroom, I feel like I'm going to end up falling asleep for another 200 years. Not only that, but that this new Hiccup is actually the one from my past. Like he wants me to think that he's different but actually he's not. It does not help that they are both basically identical.

As I walk around town, I continue to think about the Hiccup I once loved dearly. I try my best to put the thoughts aside but the moment I see the house from the corner of my eye, I realize these thoughts are here to stay. The Hiccup I once knew lived in that home and now this new Hiccup lives there. Only makes me think if anything has changed to the place in the last 200 years.

Before I know it, my feet are already moving toward the front door of the once familiar home. The closer I get the more anxious my being becomes but I can't seem to convince myself to move away. Within seconds, I'm standing in front of the big thick wooden door that contains all of my past memories. I slowly reach toward the thick metal hand and use it to push the door open.

~~Flashback~~

"You ready?" He asks with his hand inches away from the handle.

I giggle and gently push him. "Yes! Now open it! I want to see inside!"

He chuckles and opens the door to reveal a huge room with a big fireplace right in the middle of it all. There stands a couch against the far wall and then a huge chair in the corner of the room. Straight back stands the kitchen area where I can see buckets of fish and a big icebox for all of the raw meat. A huge tapestry with a black dragon hangs on the wall right above the couch. The other side of the room is filled with many bookcases and books. It looks to be about a third of the size of our library back at the castle.

The stairs on the left lead up to a huge open loft where I believe the bed sits along with a table and chair. Instead of a railing at the edge of the loft to keep anyone from falling down, the space is wide open, allowing anyone to sit on the edge and dangle their feet.

~~Present~~

It looks exactly like it did 200 years ago. The main difference is the upper loft which now has a railing as well and actual rooms. From the looks of it, there seems to be two rooms upstairs; both of which are probably bedrooms.

Downstairs on the other hand looks exactly the same with the fireplace in the middle of the room and a couch on the far side. Even the kitchen area is the same with the buckets of fish and other food items.

The images of the past flood to my mind as I look at the space before me. I spent so much time here with him that so many memories come flooding through my mind. Many of which put a turn in my stomach.

~~Flashback~~

Hiccup and I sit on the couch and watch the fire burn. I lean against him as he pulls me close to his chest. I snuggle closer to him and smile at the feeling of being this close to the man I love. Usually the closest we can get is either by holding hands or simple hugs. Either of which we must be careful of with everyone around us. But here, at his house, we can just be the two of us. We don't even have to worry about anyone walking in on us.

As I look to the fire with my head on his shoulder, a rough yet gentle hand lifts up my chin, allowing me to stare into a pair of emerald green eyes. While getting lost into his eyes, I allow myself to move closer to his face as he moves closer to mine. Soon our lips touch and our eyes are both closed, enjoying the moment.

Usually a princess isn't allowed to kiss anyone until she is at least engaged. Otherwise we must wait until the wedding to share our first kiss. Reasons for this is that a kiss should only be shared with the one your going to spend the rest of your life with. And at this time, I thought I would be spending most of my life with Hiccup, because everything with him seemed right.

We continue to share the kiss, pulling each other closer to one another, neither wanting to let go of this perfect moment. This was a moment we both wanted to last forever if it was even possible.

~~Present~~

I stare at the couch thinking of all the times I shared a kiss with the man who ended up leaving me. The memories of all our kisses come rushing back to me like a wind storm, blowing everything down to the ground. I close my eyes tightly and try to push the memories back only to have more appear in my head.

I grab my head and feel myself losing my balance. I grab hold of a nearby wall and try to keep myself from falling over. My head aches in pain as the memories come flooding back into my mind. All like a damn that's been broken, allowing all the water to rush forward.

As the memories flood back into my mind and keep me from keeping balance, one line repeats over and over again my head. A line that he used to say to me all the time, especially when the two of us were alone and no one could hear us. Ever time a kiss was planted onto my lips, this line was spoken, whether it was silent or not.

"I love you."

Again and again this phrased repeated in my mind, his voice crisp and clear every time it's spoken. His voice rings in my mind, making it harder to push anything aside. Each word making me weaker by the moment. It even gets harder to breath as the phrase repeats over and over in my mind.

I try my best to walk to the door as my vision starts to get blurry. I keep my hand against the wall as I get weaker by the second and soon I'm leaning completely against it as I head towards the door. As soon as I feel like I'm close enough to reach for the handle, black spots to appear in my vision.

I grab the wall like it's the only lifeline I have left, the only thing keeping me from falling into the unknown. I stumble against the wall as I try and take tiny steps toward the door, but each step only gets weaker and weaker.

Before I know it, the door seems farther and farther away from me. Making it even harder to reach it. Then, everything goes black.

~~~~~~~~~

Hey!!!!

Here's the next chapter that I know you all have been waiting for! This is actually my second update of the day and it surprises me very much! I updated Open My Heart about four hours ago and now, here I am updating The Dragon Princess!

Well, if I'm updating this much, it means I love you guys! Because if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be able to write this amazing stories you all love so much!

I hope you all enjoy this chapter very very much! And once again I must thank @XIloveimaginationX for giving me this amazing idea! If it wasn't for them, I would have no idea how this story would be right now! So thank you very very very much!!

Besides all the thanking to the fellow helper, I must also thank all of you for supporting and sticking with me even after all my major delays in updating! I know I've already thanked you many times before but I must do it again! You guys are all the reason for why I love writing so much!

Before I go, I must let you all know that I am back in school and will be trying my best to stay on top of these updates. Even though I will also be focusing on my classes, I will try and update at least once for each of my stories!

Thank you all again! I love you so much!

See you all in the next chapter!!

~~HeavensAngels_😇