Telling Him

Astrid's P.O.V.

After spending the entire afternoon with Jack, setting stuff up for tonight, I finally have a moment to rest. Hiccup should be getting off work soon so I'll be able to guide him from the forge to the destination we picked out. But before doing that, I'll need to change. Thanks to Jack, I managed to make quite a mess of myself getting things together. I don't know how I managed to do it, but the path Jack took to get us here managed to get me covered in mud. With a sigh, I make my way to the castle to quickly change and grab the basket of goodies I asked the chef to make.

It doesn't take me long to get to the castle and every step I take inside has me checking behind me, making sure I don't leave muddy footprints in my wake. Thankfully, I was able to make it to my room without leaving dirty footprints behind me. I quickly take my shoes off and walk over to my wash station. I do a quick wash of my face and hands, making sure I don't have mud all over.

Once I was sure my body was clean enough, I went to my closet and grab a simple blue gown. It's a very simple gown that flows to just above my ankles but it's still cute enough to wear for tonight. I change quickly before putting on a fresh pair of shoes and walking out of my room. I head straight to the kitchen, hoping the basket of food was ready. By the time I walk in, the smell of freshly made food is being made. From the smell of it, Jack and Elsa will be having chicken with a collection of sides. It takes only a moment for me to walk through the smells and to the head chef. They greet me with a small smile and walk to the side, grabbing a picnic basket from the counter.

"Here you are, Princess. It's all set for your picnic tonight. It's everything you asked for along with a special dessert," He says.

I smile and take the basket. "Thank you. I don't know what I'd do without you guys."

He shrugs. "Probably not eat the best food."

I chuckle and nod before thanking him one last time and walking out of the room. Next stop, the forge.

~~At the Forge~~

As I walk up to the forge, I notice the light is still on. Walking over to the door, I peek inside to see Hiccup hunched over something at his workstation. A smile crosses my face as I step inside and set the basket down on the counter. I quietly walk over to him and carefully place my hands on his shoulder before planting a kiss on the back of his head. As he straightens up in his seat, I lean in and wrap my arms loosely around his neck and kiss his cheek.

"Why hello M'lady," He says, slightly turning his gaze toward me.

"Hey," I respond, giving him a smile of my own before looking down at his work. "What are you working on?" I ask.

He follows my gaze to the rings in front of him as he takes a deep breath. I stand, keeping a hand on his shoulder as I step to his side. "Someone came in asking if they could get engravings on a pair of rings for their wedding. And since Gobber doesn't have small hands or even the eyes for it, I was asked to do it. I was hoping to get these done today."

"What did they want to be engraved on the rings?"

"Their initials along with a small sang, 'I love you'." He responds, wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me close.

"Sounds sweet. I'm sure they'll love them once they get them back," I tell him, running a hand through his messy hair.

He releases a small chuckle. "Yeah, they will. But I forgot how long engraving something on something so small can take. You got to be very precise. One small mistake on a ring is like building a house on the wrong foundation. It takes time. And you have to be very patient when doing it."