Now or Never

Elsa's P.O.V.

I sit in the throne room and look over all the letter's that were found on the boat. So far nothing new has caught my attention. Nothing in the letter's or notes have any mention about going after Astrid. They express love and care for Astrid and locations of her whereabouts from the past couple of weeks. But I've found absolutely no threat for Astrid in any of these letters. Honestly it makes me wander why.

If there is no threat against Astrid and my kingdom, then why was there a boat sitting next to a sea stack in the middle of the night. That makes absolutely no sense. None of this seems to make sense anymore. Here I thought I knew what was happening but now I don't even know.

There is no proof that Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the First is still alive except for old letters that could've been passed down through generations. Nothing in particular proves that he still lives. We were never able to find him after Astrid fell asleep, it was like he complete disappeared. I had every single island in the archipelago checked outed, and there was no sign of him at all! I even made sure to keep an entire watch party out for him for the next 40 years, hoping that if he were to show up, I could bring him back here and ask him from answers to questions that I've thought about thousands of times.

Why did he do it? Why did he put my sister to sleep? What was his plan? Did he actually love my sister?

Those where all questions I needed answers to and I haven't gotten an answer to any of them. And those are just some of the questions. I had so many that kept popping up throughout the years.

I sigh and bring my hands up to my forehead and rub my temples. I closed my eyes and take a couple of deep breathes to try and clear my mind a bit. It's not easy to be queen somedays, that I will admit. Most days it's not very stressful, but with this unsure event coming into play, it makes things so much harder to handle.

"Elsa? You alright?"

I open my eyes and lift my head up a little to see Jack walking down the middle of the room towards where I am. His blue eyes look at my own and I watch as they sparkle like frost on an autumns day.

I smile a bit as he comes closer. "Yes, I've just been trying to figure out what's actually going on."

"Well, do you think maybe a break could help?" He asks with a goofy grin on his face.

"A break? What would we do in this break?" I ask suspiciously, smiling.

Jack smiles and does a little shrug. "Go for a walk? Have some fun? I've heard there's going to be a festival in town soon. Maybe we can go and help them with that."

I smile at him and take a moment to look at the papers in front of me. "I think a break is a wonderful idea." I set the papers down to the side before getting up and walking toward Jack.

He smiles wide and holds his arm out for me, which I gladly take. We both walk out of the throne room and toward the garden, following the wandering trail though the variety of plants.

"So, which of the options would you like to do?" Jack asks as we walk around the fountain.

I think for a moment before responding. "Let's take a walk toward the village and help with the decorations."

He nods as we start taking the path toward the town. For the first couple of minutes, we walking in a comfortable silence, enjoying the walk together and the view surrounding us. The path we walk down goes through a beautiful selection of trees. The light beams through the leaves, showing patterns along our path. Some of the patterns are birds, wings, stars, as well as a couple unique shapes.