Reassurance and Curiosity

Astrid's P.O.V.

"I mean... I think you should go with him."

I stare at my sister in complete shock after hearing her words. Does she really want me to go with him? As in, leave the island? But what about her? If I leave, what will she be doing? She'll be all alone if I leave with Hiccup. I can't let her stay by herself, can I? I would be a terrible sister if I left her alone here while I followed the man I'm in love with. Besides, she's had to watch me sleep for 200-years and pray that one day I would wake up! Now that I'm awake, she's telling me to leave with Hiccup instead of staying with her?

Though, through it all, I can possibly see why she's doing this. The last time my lover left me, I was a complete mess. Nothing seemed to help my mood as I waited for him to return. At that turn, I never knew how long it would be, and the same applies here. I don't know how long Hiccup will be gone and I don't even know when or if he'll be able to visit. He said he would try but he sadly couldn't make any promises. I could visit him, but I don't know his modern world like my own. He's told me a little about it but not enough where I can wander around there on my own. If I traveled to his world, I would need him with me. I don't know his world and I know very few people from that area. 

Though thanks to Elsa, I may have the opportunity to go with Hiccup and see his world. The world that I'm supposed to be a part of. But then again, my life has always been here, on this island, with my sister! What am I supposed to do?

"You... you want me to go with him?" I say, still shocked my sister brought up the option.

She nods and takes ahold of my hands. With a slight squeeze, she gives me a soft smile. "Of course I do. You are my sister and I want you to be happy. I know you'll be happy if you're with him."

"But.. what about you? I can't just leave you behind. You've waited for 200-years for me! You've only had the chance to see me awake for two months!" I explain.

"I know," She speaks softly, "And I will have so much more time to see you awake, even if you are with Hiccup. Besides, I know Hiccup will be able to protect you in case any danger comes."

"But Elsa..."

"Astrid... there is no need to worry about me. I'll be fine here by myself for a little bit. I'll have Gobber with me and possibly Jack as well. I promise that I will come and visit you, there is no question about that." She explains. "I know you want to go with him. I can see it written all over your face. And I know the moment he is gone, so will everything that makes you, you."

I stay quiet as I allow all of her words to wander into my mind. I start to think of how true she is when it comes to her words. She is right, I do want to go with him, but my heart is torn. Not only do I wish to go with him but I also wish to remain here with my sister. Though remaining here probably wouldn't do either of us any good. I'll be a mess, which is true, and she'll be trying to not only take care of me but also the town. I guess the only option at this point is to make sure she's actually alright with this. I mean, she is basically allowing her only sister to leave the place she calls home to be with a man.

After a couple of moments of silence, I look up at her. "Are you absolutely sure about this?" I ask, wishing to confirm all that we just discussed.

She smiles and nods as she squeezes my hands. "I'm absolutely sure about this. I want you to go with him. You don't need to wait for love anymore Astrid. I think you've waited long enough."

~~Later~~

After spending a few hours with my sister, and double and triple-checking that she was alright with me going with Hiccup, we decided to part ways until dinner. She had invited both Hiccup and me to dinner tonight and I couldn't possibly say no to my sister. Besides, I believe I should try to spend as much time with her as I possibly can before I end up leaving.