Needs to be Done

Elsa's P.O.V.

I work on some paperwork as Jack paces back and forth in my office. Since we returned, he's been hesitant on calling his aunt. After having a whole conversation with him on the way back about how to word things or even how to explain things to her, he's still scared. Getting up from my seat, I meet him halfway as he walks one way. He stops inches from me and gives me a nervous smile.

"Jack, it's going to be okay. You can't keep putting it off," I say, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I know, it's just," He takes a deep breath, "I don't like seeing or hearing how angry she gets. Something tells me she's not going to take this lightly."

"Can you blame her?" I ask. "Jack, it's okay to be scared. But she has to know. It's going to worry her if you say nothing."

"But I'd rather say nothing."

I give him a 'really' look only to receive a nervous smile. "Jack. You can't say nothing. You have to say something."

"But do I though?"

"Yes!" I shout, "Jack! You have to call her. I would do it but I don't know how your phone works. You have to call her. And I would recommend talking to her sooner rather than later."

Jack pouts at me as I give him a firm glare. It's clear that he doesn't want to talk to her. It seems he's talked with Hiccup about it and now he's talked with me about it. It still doesn't seem to help him. I might have to grab Hiccup and have him do it. At least then she'll be aware of what's going on and probably get Jack to talk to her.

A knock on the door breaks my concentration, causing me to release a sigh. "Yes?" I call out.

"Dinner is ready you're majesty."

"We'll be right down, thank you."

Footsteps quickly disappear as I look back up at Jack. "Talk to her, Jack. Before you regret it."

~~The Next Day~~

After talking with Jack this morning, I found out that he still hadn't talked to his aunt. I know he's scared to do it but it does have to be done. Hiccup has a point in that she needs to know. So, once Jack left for work, I headed down into town. If Jack wasn't going to make the needed call, then Hiccup will. Or maybe, Hiccup can knock more sense into Jack than I can. Apparently, my words aren't working too well.

Walking to the forge, I see Hiccup and Astrid walking over from their home. Smiling, I slightly turn my direction and walk toward them, meeting them about halfway. Astrid smiles when she sees me and gives me a hug. I return it with a smile before pulling away and looking at Hiccup. We share a smile as Astrid speaks, catching my attention.

"Elsa! Hey, how are you?" Astrid asks, a smile on her face.

"I'm doing good, though, I am a bit worried about Jack," I say, glancing over to Hiccup.

He gives me a worried look. "What's going on? Everything okay with him?" He asks.

"I... don't exactly know," I respond. "Yesterday, he told me that he needed to call his aunt to tell her what was happening. He seemed nervous about it when he told me so I said I could be in the room when he does it. But all of last night, he didn't once talk to her. I asked him this morning about it and he said that he hasn't done it yet. Something tells me there might be more going on but he won't say."

Hiccup nods slowly, listening to me carefully as I explain things. From the look on his face, he seems to have a better idea about what's going on in Jack's mind than I do. I sure hope that's the case because nothing I say seems to be working.