Romantic Flight

Hiccup's P.O.V.

After having dinner with Astrid, Elsa and Jack, we all talk around the table. I've already gave Astrid the necklace I made her and she really seems to enjoy it. She's been wearing it since she got it, makes me happy to know she enjoys it. Every now and then I see her either glance down to it or gently take it into her hands, holding it within her palm. Out of all the gifts I've made and gave out, I've never seen anyone appreciate as much as Astrid has, and she's only had it for about an hour.

As we all talk, I take a couple of glances over to Astrid and smile. She certainly looks beautiful tonight with her simple look. Her ocean blue eyes pop with the color of her dress, and her golden hair blows gently in the wind. Her smile shines like the beauty she is, making it hard for me to look away.

I know I haven't known her for long but she's something special. People like her don't show up very often, they've become a rare kind. Well, not kind, she's not a thing, she's a person. A person who deserves nothing but the best in this world. I might not be it, matter of fact I'm probably not it, but I do hope she finds it.

Now look at me, I've become a lovesick fishbone who doesn't know when to stop! Someone kill me now, please! I don't want to become some crazy person who ends up freaking out his romantic interest.

"So Hiccup, how has it been having a dragon?"

I snap myself out of my thoughts and look over to Elsa, who asked the question. I glance around to see everyone looking at me. They all seem to be waiting for my answer.

"It's been good. Toothless and I have been doing nightly flights. He actually seems to enjoy it." I say with a smile.

Jack chuckles a bit. "He's also basically became a dog by the way he acts."

I nod in agreement. "That's true, he does love playing around as well as his attention."

Elsa giggles a bit. "That's good. Dragons have been our best friends for years. Almost everyone in town had one."

"Really? Everyone had one?" I ask.

She nods. "Yes, everyone's including Astrid and myself."

Jack looks to Elsa with a smile. "That's awesome! Do you still have them?"

She looks to him before shaking her head. "Sadly we don't. We ended up loosing half of our dragons during a war that took place right after Astrid fell asleep. All of our dragons tried protecting us, many died. We only have a few left."

"And Toothless is one of them?" I ask.

She nods and looks to us. "That is correct."

"Wait... your telling me my dragon is gone?"

The three of us look over to Astrid to see tears going down her cheeks. She must feel so much pain to have just found out her dragon died long ago.

"That's not true." Elsa says as she reaches her hand forward and grabs her hand. "I believe Gobber has been taking care of her. She almost started going crazy once you fell into your slumber. If I remember correctly, Gobber may have put her into a deep sleep, so you could still have her."

Astrid looks to her with hope in her blue eyes. "She's still alive?"

"It's quite possible she still is. We can go and talk with Gobber tomorrow. But don't get too hopefully in case he wasn't able to keep her with us." She confirms.

Astrid nods a little and grips her sisters hand. "I'll try not too.. thank you."

Jack and I watch as the girls hug each other. As they hold each other close, it makes me think of the relationships I have with my siblings. I don't think I have ever had to comfort any of them like this besides maybe Hope. My older siblings mainly just teased and messed with me while I just joked around with Hope.