Wakening Kiss

Hiccup's P.O.V.

Jack lays passed out on the couch from last night's party. He drank a little too much last night and so I had to drag his butt home with the the help of Toothless. And since I didn't want to drag his heavy body up the steps and to his room, I plopped him down on the couch and went upstairs to get some rest.

Now I sit at the table watching him drool on the pillow. I take a bite of my apple and think about the different ways of waking him up. I could either dumb a bucket of ice water on him or make some loud noises and scar him. If I dump the bucket of ice water on him, he'll just sleep through it. He's used to the cold and I'm not sure why. So instead of dumping ice water, I'm going to dump a bucket of hot water on him to see what happens.

I head out to the rain barrel out back and fill up a bucket with water. I bring it inside and set the bucket over the dim fire for it to warm up. I chuckle to myself as I go through his reaction in my head. I imagine it's going to be quite funny.

I check the water to see it starting to form bubbles so I pull it off the fire and bring it over to a sleeping Jack. Toothless lays on the floor and watches as I dump the bucket on him. Jack jolts awake and starts swearing. I couldn't help but laugh as he bolted to a closet and grabbed a towel.

"Why did you do that?!" He whines as he tries to get the water off his body.

I chuckle. "To wake you up! Elsa is going to be here soon to take us to the castle. Which means you have to go bath in the lake quickly."

"Well, jokes on you because you just gave me a shower! Ha!" He points to me and smiles in victory thinking he's won.

Before I have time to answer him, I hear a knock on the door. I walk over to the door to answer it and open it to revile the queen. "Your Majesty." I bow a little bit and open the door wider to allow her to come in.

"Thank you Hiccup." She smiles and walks into the home with a few guards standing outside. "Are you ready to try waking a princess?" She asks as she turns to face me as I stand up straight.

I take a deep breath and nod my head. "Yea, and nervous." I must admit I was actually nervous to kiss a girl. I doesn't help that she's a complete stranger to me and I'm the lucky one chosen to wake her from her slumber with a kiss.

She gently places a hand on my shoulder. "It's alright to be nervous, but I'm sure everything will turn out alright."

I nod and mumble to myself as she walks away towards Jack. "I sure hope so."

~~Later At The Castle~~

We stand in the room Princess Astrid sleeps in and watch as she takes slow shallow breaths. I take a deep breath myself and close my eyes to get rid of the butterflies in my stomach. Jack places a hand on my shoulder and gives me an assuring look before I walk over to the bed.

I stand over her and look down at her angelic skin with blonde hair. She wears a light blue gown that could be worn for either day or night and her hair flows onto her shoulders. Her lips are slightly part to allow oxygen to enter her lungs and keep her alive.

It's weird to know that she's been asleep for two hundred years and still looks my age. She looks as young as can be and it's hard to believe that a girl this beautiful has been sleeping for so many years. You would think that any moment she might actually wake up like nothing ever happened.

I sit on the side of her bed and look down at her. I take a deep breath before leaning down and closing my eyes. I slowly lean down till I feel my lips on hers. I kiss her for a few moments before pulling away and sitting back up.