Major Changes

Jack's P.O.V.

After meeting Hiccup's great great great grandfather and finding out the truth, we all decided to stay in our current housing situation. Astrid stays with Hiccup at the house while I stay at the castle with Elsa. It allows both of us to spend lots of time with the ones we care about. Since Hiccup and I are to leave at the end of August, which is a month and a week away, we both want to spend as much time as we can with the girls. Neither of us is sure if or when we'll be back to see them again.

I continue my job herding sheep which is still as boring as the day I first got it. Even though I don't really need to have the job since I'm basically living in the castle, I decide to keep it anyways. It allows me to get out of the castle and give Elsa some time to do her queenly duties. It also allows me to treat Elsa in many ways, which is necessary since I'm her boyfriend.

Currently, I am watching the sheep as they walk around and eat the grass. I let out a giant yawn as I watch an older sheep lay down in the corner and take a nap. Boy, don't I wish I could take a nap right now. The only thing about herding sheep is that it's super boring! All they do is walk around, eat grass, use the restroom and sleep! All these are things I wish I could be doing at the moment but am not!

As I chill against the fence and watch the sheep laze around, I start hearing noises behind me. I turn around to see Elsa walking up the path with Gobber, Hiccup's boss. With a raised eyebrow, I watch as they walk closer to the pen.

"Hey babe, what are you doing here?" I ask as they get closer.

At the mention of calling Elsa anything but Queen or your majesty, Gobber gives me a very stern glare. "She is your queen, you are to address her as such."

"Gobber, it's alright," Elsa speaks calmly as she places a gentle hand upon his one whole arm. "We're courting."

"Your what??"

Elsa nods and smiles softly to the shocked Gobber before walking closer to the fence. She pecks my cheek softly, sparking a smile to spread against my face. I look at her with my giddy smile and return the kiss, this time though, on the lips.

"So, what brings you up to the sheep farm?" I ask, leaning against the fence between me and my girl.

"Well, a couple of things actually." She replies.

I smirk and look up at her. "I hope I'm one of them."

She chuckles a bit and nods. "You are. Though there are other reasons. One of which I would like to discuss with you." She looks at me softly and with a soft serious smile. The smile looks just like her beautiful soft smiles but has a bit of strain behind it, allowing me to know that there is something important she has to say.

At the sight of her smile, I stand up straight and look at her with a bit of worry and confusion. "What is it? Everything alright?"

"Not exactly." She starts, "There have been some new discoveries that change the future of this island."

"What kind of discoveries are those? Are they good or bad discoveries?" I ask curiously.

"Depends on how you want to see it laddy." Gobber chimes in. "Many major changes are coming, and we can't stop 'em."

I turn my gaze to Gobber for a few moments to try and piece together what he's trying to say. When I can't figure it out, I turn my attention back toward Elsa, hoping she may be able to clear up the confusion that Gobber just caused.

I watch as she takes a deep sigh before telling me what's wrong. "Once Astrid woke up from her 200-year slumber, everything started to.... what's the best way to say this.... grow again. When Astrid was asleep, the entire town was put under a spell that kept certain people like me from aging. It also allowed us to keep our island stuck at a certain time. But now that Astrid is awake, the spell broke and our island needs to start developing like the others."