Confessions

Astrid's P.O.V.

I lay in bed and think of the night that I had with Hiccup. I got to learn so much about him and his land that I felt myself falling deeper in love with him. And the kiss that we shared after he sang basically sealed the deal. I believe I've fallen head over heels for a guy that I've only known for almost two months.

I kept thinking back to the kiss we shared. It was gentle and yet I could feel so much love during it all. I personally wanted to kiss him again when it was over but I had to hold myself back. I don't know if it was the moment of the song that caused him to kiss me or his possible feelings. I wanted to know so bad but yet I kept myself from asking the question. I didn't want the romantic moment we were having together get ruined all because I wanted to ask a question.

With my thoughts roaming around nonstop in my mind, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. All of these happy, exciting, and romantic feelings in my head couldn't seem to calm down, especially as I thought about the kiss we shared. A kiss that was so gentle and yet had so much life to it. I felt sparks fly as our lips met and I wanted nothing more than to feel that spark again once our lips parted. I never felt a spark like that before, not even with the Hiccup from my past.

I swear I sound like one of those character's from the romance stories, falling for someone they just met. I've never been like this, especially when I was with the previous Hiccup. I didn't fall for him this quickly like I am for this current Hiccup. It's like there is something wrong with me, but I'm not completely against it.

After a couple more minutes of thinking, I decide to go downstairs to get a drink of water. My mind is still going crazy about all that's happened during the past few hours and my body can't even fall asleep. Maybe staring at a fire and letting myself get distracted by it will help a bit.

I get out of bed and look over to Toothless who lays on his stone. I smile a bit to myself and quietly walk out of the room. I close the door behind me and make my way downstairs. Halfway down the steps, I look into the living space to see Hiccup sitting on the couch with a sketchbook in hand. I feel my cheeks heat up as I see him sit there shirtless, showing off his toned body.

Honestly he looks so good with his shirt off. I've only seen him like that once, and that was when I had passed out in the house. I didn't get a good look at him the first time, but this time, I can see how toned he actually is. He doesn't have a six pack but you can tell he has a some muscle, keeping the entire abdomen toned. His arms are the same way, perfectly toned just like the rest of his body.

As I stand there staring at him, I notice him lift his head up. My cheeks heat up even more as he spots me standing on the stairs.

"Astrid?"

I blush a bit and slowly make my way down the steps. "Uh.. Hi Hiccup.."

"What are you doing up?" He asks as he looks up at me.

"Well.. I had a hard time falling asleep. I had a lot of thoughts in my mind." I get to the bottom of the steps and slowly walk toward him.

He nods and pats the spot on the couch next to him. "I get that. I also had a hard time sleeping."

I go over and sit next to him. "What's your reason?" I ask.

"Well... I couldn't get my mind to stop thinking. I thought some sketching would help." He explains.

"What were you sketching?" I ask.

He smiles and looks down to his sketch book. "Promise you won't laugh..." He looks to me as he waits for a response.

I nod my head in agreement. "I won't, promise."

He looks at me for a moment before handing me his sketchbook to look at the drawing he was working on. I grab it out of his hands and look down to it.