A Glimpse Into The Past

Astrid's P.O.V.

~~Flashback~~

I sit in the garden of the castle reading a book while I enjoy the beautiful weather of the day. As I do, I munch on some strawberries and grapes to keep my stomach satisfied while I wait for dinner. Even though dinner isn't for another few hours, I still like to munch on a snack to keep me from scaring of guests with my loud grumbling stomach.

As I read my wonderful book about a young couple in love, my vision goes black. I keep myself still and think of the only person who would do this to me. I smile to myself as I slowly lower my book to the table to the side of me.

"Now I wonder who this could be." I mention as I lay the book on the table.

"Any guesses?" A voice speaks, sounding deeper than it's normal pitch.

I think for a moment before smiling. "Well, now at least I know it isn't my sister."

A small chuckle escapes the mouth of the man behind me. "Alright, any ideas?"

I smile to myself and giggle a bit. "This wouldn't happen to be the most handsome man I've ever met; is it?"

"It's possible, but who would that man be?" He asks.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock."

The moment I say the name, the hands come off my eyes and I see daylight again. I turn in my chair to see my favorite person standing there. His auburn hair gently flows in the wind as his emerald eyes gaze down into mine. I smile as I see his own shine across his face like all his other features. He wears a simple pair of black pants along with a white shirt and gray vest.

He gives me his hand as I stand and holds it tightly. I smile and continue to hold onto it as I look up at him. "Well hello there." I say softly.

"Hello M'lady." He smiles and brings my hand up to his lips and kisses softly. I blush as I watch him make the kind gesture.

"It's lovely to see you today."

"I agree." He smiles. "I have something I'd like to show you. Mind going on an adventure?"

My head perks to the idea of an adventure. "An adventure? Where to may I ask?"

He chuckles slightly. "Well that is a surprise. Do you think your sister would mind if I take you for a short trip?"

"Depends on where this destination is located." I smile.

"We won't even be leaving the island." He smiles and looks to me with is emerald eyes. I almost melt to the sight of them.

I think for a moment before answering. "I don't think she'll mind at all."

"Wonderful!"

~~Later~~

"Now keep your eyes closed, alright?" He speaks as he carefully guides me to our destination. We took a carriage out of the town but once we reached a certain spot, he insisted we walk the rest of the way so the surprise isn't ruined.

I chuckle a bit to myself as I keep my hands in his, allowing him to guide me. "They aren't open! Don't worry!" I laugh.

Once we reach the destination, he stops me and I feel him move to my side. His hands stay in mine as I keep my eyes close, waiting for the moment to open them. I wait for what seems like an eternity before I am able to open my eyes.