Episode 35: Remember?

"Don't know who he is. He can't remember." I lightly open my eyes to hear Savannah speaking in her thick accent, my head still sore from falling onto a rock, the only thoughts not blurred with confusion are the one's I'm about to think, and I'm trying to remember what the heIl I was doing out here in the middle of nowhere, but I can't.

               I was in the woods, I got knocked out, apparently I have, amnesia and...fvck, what else? What else?! It's important, I know it is...I was doing something important, like, something really priority was going on...fvck, I can't remember.

               I can't even remember my name.

               "Go give him some food Sav." My attention is bothered enough to change gears from me to the man's voice I hear, Savannah's father, ordering her to bring me food.

               I don't feel like eating. I feel like finding out what the fvck is going on.

               Think. Think!

               "Uh, I dunno know how to call ya." Savannah's light voice turns my head to face her in the doorway as I lay in her rundown bed, my wound covered up with a strange old piece of ripped cloth as a bandage around my forehead, under my long hair, and I'm wondering why the heck I didn't go get it cut.

               I could suffocate in this brown mane of locks.

               Well, it does make me look pretty badas$. That or if I were to wear all black, slightly emo.

               At least that's what the small square shaped, dirt tattered mirror without a frame resting on the desk in front of me says.

               "I don't remember my name." I sigh.

               "I gotta call ya somethin'." She slowly shifts from side to side, and I take this chance to get a look at her; feet in old sandals, skin a little dirty like she hasn't bathed in a while, come to think of it, I look sorta like that, except her dress is a tad more stained than my shirt and her face is thin like she's starving.

               What the heIl is up with that? Her dad should feed her better.

               "Until I can figure out who I am, I don't know what to call myself." I whisper and stare at my feet under the thin green sheet over my toes.

               "I gotta call ya somethin...how bout Drew?" I really don't care either way. "Elijah?"

               No.

               "Mark?"

               "What?" Without meaning to, my palm wraps around her wrist in need for her to say the name again, like it's familiar or important, relevant to me somehow. Maybe, it might actually be my name... "Mark?"

               "Is that your name?" She smiles a little.

               "I-I don't know. It sounds familiar." I turn away to think a bit.

               "Uh...Mark, my wrist...?"

               "What?" I turn and stare at her timidly smiling at my hand still on her skin, and even though I've got amnesia, I'm not dense enough to overlook the fact that she's staring at me like she likes me. I don't see why. I'm a creep who suddenly woke up in the middle of the woods. "Sorry." I force a smile back and sigh while she giggles, putting a tray on my lap.