Episode 59: Behold It

"Turn it off!" I hit the screen. "You can't let him see it!!"

"I can't prevent this. You need to learn Spes. This is how it has to be."

"Carl!! Dammit!!" I watch the screen turn on, only to feel my father's hand touch my shoulder at the last minute.

"This is how it has to be."

No.

No!

-Carl's P.O.V.-

"What are you doing? What are you even talking about?" This man, he's beginning to form riddles and I can't keep up with all his bullsh1t. He keeps talking about Spes, like they've done something to her.

What did they do?

"It's better not to talk at this point, but simply show you. Please, make yourself comfortable." He clears his throat, turning up the volume on the TV same time I force my eyes away from him so I can watch what they want me to, but I'm not letting my guard down.

I don't know what these people have in mind, but from experience, I know I can't relax for a second.

"Hello." A face, one simple and tanned appears on the screen, and I'm already curious as to what this film is about. "I'm Doctor Markasson, and this is test number 327."

"Markasson?" I mumble.

That's Spes' last name.

Test number 327?

"Subject, Spes Trinity Markasson," What the heIl? "Age 12. Height, F-"

"Can we hurry this along? I'll get her details later. Just hook her up."

-Third Person P.O.V.-

The man with little orthodox initiates quicker actions.

Not minding hurrying the process along, Dr. Markasson was willing to oblige skipping over the data already recorded, when he walked over to his daughter, camera in hand, to momentarily shock Carl at the sight of Spes barely conscious, on a table with ice underneath and around her naked body, chilling her like a raw piece of meat to the point she could no longer move nor feel her fingers.

She was frozen while allowed to move, if only to shiver, given she'd still have senses enough to do so.

In a manner of speaking, she was on ice.

Her body had been cut off from any food, and large amounts of blood for testing had been taken out at the same time, draining her health to a minimum whilst her father constructed a perfect idea.

"Due to the un-for seen nature of last month's experiment, the subject dying on the table and successfully being brought back to the living after 10 tries with the paddles, I saw the perfect way to flourish the next step in I.O.-Gen by spiking it into action." The camera still stayed on Spes' white figure, her lips an odd color while her hair was spread out above and beside her, soaked and dark, Carl's eyes were wide and horrified by what was on the screen, as if it were nothing.

But it wasn't nothing.

It was Spes, near death, in front of his sight, in a time when he didn't even know she existed. She was in pain, and she was abused, and she was alone, as well as unloved.