Episode 37: Triangle

Somehow this chapter popped up after 35 and before 36. So, if you're looking for 36, just come back to this one if you will. T-T sorry. Think I fixed it but I'm not positive so...there.

-The Following Morning-

               "Deniece, please." Kitty holds her friends hands once more, the sincerity embedded in her concerned and honest hold clear as a piece of glass held up against the sun.

               How many times must she plea? How often would Kitty fight her nerves and fears to gather the women's consciences and put them together in one argument against Deniece's betrayal and decisions?

               "It's just like this now Kitty." Deniece turns and begins to console her young acquaintance, regretful eyes, one set weak with tears, the other strong with acceptance looking at one another before Diana, now in regular resembling clothes, takes a step forward on the beautiful patterned rug, a gun in her hand along with all the other ladies who were hiding their weapons behind their backs.

               "What are you doing?" Their dark haired leader moves Kitty to the side. "Diana?"

               "You've been out-voted." The addressed chuckles. "We're sluts. We could've handled being raped...except for Kitty." The somewhat moral member glances to the kid of the whore group locked up in a boarding house. "You did this for us, but we can't live with this."

               "Sometimes you don't get to decide what you live with. Sometimes you can't fix mistakes." Deniece is torn inside, truly she is, but she's learned many things before and after the apocalypse...that's the only reason her attitude can be pressed to go this cold and this far, foreign of compassion and love to her and her friends. "Sometimes you have to live with regret, and move on."

               "Not this one." The redheaded woman from earlier, with an odd accent and even odder face steps up, her long legs finally covered with ragged tight jeans, and she puts out her cigarette to support her rifle that she hasn't fired in a long time.

               These women knew what they were. They weren't there to pretend to be anybodies nuns, or saints, or actual ladies. Or even the women that were beautiful simply because they were mothers, and had a slice of a decent life.

               They made their choices, they knew what came to them came to them, nothing could change the past now, and they weren't looking to change their future selves either, but they were sure to the fact, that in this crumbling world, everyone had a chance to save a shred of themselves, be true to their real selves, at least once, before they never got to again.

               "You...no have to come with us." An Italian with poor English struggled through the sentence. "But we...go without you, if need to."

               With or without Deniece, they had a job to do.

               There were people that needed some saving. Simple as that.

               "Simple as that."

_______________

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               "This one ought a do it!" The man who introduced himself as Carson, average height, thick in stomach, ugly in the face, and downright jolly in the fvcking head, swings his arms back and forth while his leader, civilly introduced as Johnson, like I give an actual sh1t, checks out the vehicles, one a regular trashy car, and the other a sort of van with a lame flame paint job on the side.