Episode 51: Happiness

For the character Jace, I was looking for someone to portray him because I didn't want to just make him up for some reason. I know this dude isn't 15, but he was once, so just see him as such here, you have no idea how creepy I felt typing in "child actors" and getting little kids as results, so I chose this guy and said screw it, you will be Jace. This dude's name is Colin Ford, and that's basically all I really know about him. So yes. Thank you. XD

__________________

               On first contact, I connect my sight with blue eyes staring back at me, like, literally, doing nothing else but just staring back at me, the person beholding them not saying anything while I slowly side glance and examine what's been exposed behind the door.

               About my age, dirty blonde hair I'd say, the basic plain dude that reminds me of all the morons back home that I never gave the time of day, but still, it's sort of interesting seeing a guy out here besides Carl. Then again, he's still staring at me.

               I don't know if it's because my cheeks are as red as apples given what was just going to happen, or because, he's...in a daydream?

               "Yes?" I almost yell so he'll snap the fvck out of whatever trance he's in.

               Just like I'd sorta hoped, the person before me, only an inch taller than my height, shakes his tanned face from side to side, smiling intently my way as I focus on one of his bottom teeth being a little chipped and crooked. His right canine.

               What'd he do? Bite a rock?

               "Hi." He turns from me to Carl, still on the bed, sucking in his lower lip and staring at my feet. "Hi." He...literally just said that, right? Like twice?

               "Hey." The deep voice behind me gets off the bed, making it squeak to hurry and greet this, weird, dude, in front of my body, whom I'm assuming is...uh.

               "My names Jace." This introduction fills me in a little, thanks, and 'Jace' pauses only a second to grab my hand and shake it, doing with my arm as he pleases while staring between us again. The fvck is- "I heard my father, Reagan, he said that there were guests, kids, like me. Teenagers. Sorry if I come off a bit weird, I haven't seen another punk like me in decades. I'm a bit hyper right now. Excited actually."

               No sh1t! Did you just call me punk?!

               And why is he still holding my hand?

               "What are your names?"

               Oh, none of your business.

               "Carl."

               "Carl! Amazing! And you are?" Jace with the annoying British accent like his dad turns to me, licking his lips quickly while his pupils bore against my flesh, his dull lashes fluttering shut once before raising his eyebrows to prompt me to answer.

               "Spes." I almost frown.

               I was never good at meeting new people. Something always sort of failed to connect us when we spoke or tried to find common ground, probably because they all were trained to hate me and I was evolved to think myself higher than anyone. The only reason Estela and I were somewhat good friends was because she wanted to be and her mother was screwing my father once upon a long time ago.

               Now, Carl is the only one I'm really caring about...so I don't know what the heck this kid is staring at me for like I'm his new owner.