Episode 26: Think Of Me And Pray For The Future

After they got me out of that stupid frigid chamber, I was washed down and checked for vital signs, just like a whole month of me being frozen in a tube hadn't happened, like I was just sleeping, and they didn't waste any time to start the next step.

               Still bare of any clothing, they only gave me the small white gown that barely covered my backside, most of my body still exposed and chilled.

               I was put into a clear, glass pod, it almost looked liked a hyperbaric chamber or some fancy sh1t like that, but it was just the resemblance of one. A stupid knock off for all I know.

               It was stood up and put on display and I was left alone to float in a glass case, completely filled with a special blend of water to help my body get back to normal, away from the frozen state only hours ago I woke up in, my face currently strapped with a mask for air, my mouth clamped shut on a strange breathing pipe to do who knows what.

               All I could see when I opened my tired eyes, was the gray of my hair, floating like, lazy jellyfish, still, only for a moment, until I moved my head, and the simplicity of where I was, in an empty room, in some fvcking water filled tube with sh1t stuck to my face...

               I didn't know where I was, it looked like some sort of old bathroom they'd adjusted to suit my father's scientific needs. There was a blue glowing light behind me, and as I turned best I could, trying not to panic, I could spot myself in a mirror, the state of my body, trapped without escape, bare except for a short gown, and helpless to do anything about it paused my struggling just enough for thoughts.

               Everything that I was ready to do to get out of here, knock this stupid thing over so I could run away and never look back, I couldn't.

               After I saw what had been done to me, after I accepted the fact that...I was always a prisoner, not just now, but always, never ending in this glass jar, even without its visibility, I was a specimen that just happened to be the scientist's daughter.

               Is that really what it was? Is that really how he saw me?

               I never felt lack of love from him. I never felt like he didn't care for me...So why do I feel this way?! Why do I frown so much when I get the slap in the face of me in a glass chamber that my dad allowed to happen?

               "Spes." I hear a muffle of my name, and I turn around, pressing my fingers to the circular glass, trying to pull myself down to get closer to my dad's level, begging him to let me out, clawing at the smooth surface, bubbles rising from my face here and there while I attempt to speak.

               That's useless. I have a tube down my fvcking throat and I'm in water. Points for attempt, I guess.

               "I can't." He sadly frowns at my plea, a submissive gaze for him to let me out. "I'm sorry."

               Yes.

               You are. You were! Fvcking sorry!

               "Hold on." He urges. "One day, this will all be over." He lifts his hand, and I stare at the palm he presses against the glass, waiting for me to press mine over it to match, a sign, a way of saying I understand and it's ok that he's doing this to me.

               I used to be asked to agree. When I was younger, every single time he took out the needle, he'd ask if he had my permission. Ha. Wonder when that stopped exactly.