Episode 58: Freedom Is In The Mind

"I hate you! I hate you!!" I feel a sting spread through my wrists, legs going weak the same time every tear that's been shed seems to come back down my cheeks, knees hitting the floor, this fvcking ache in my heart. "I hate you!!!"

I hate him.

By now, Abraham would've found Rick. Told him what happened.

Told him everything. And who knows what would happen afterwards...

Regardless of the possibilities, I lie on my back, staring up at the ceiling, clenching my teeth while more tears lap over the old streams, trailing towards my ears the same time it feels like my hearts been taken out of my chest and ripped into a million fvcking pieces.

A day or two. That's how long it's been since they got us.

That's more than how long it's been since they threw me in here. This room, warm and empty, the lights on, and nobody coming to check on me since they locked the door, shutting me away to lose my mind on what they've done with Carl.

What they've done. What they'll do.

"Dammit." I whisper.

Dammit!

"Damm it all to fvcking heIl."

Agh! I can't even ask myself how this happened, because I know. I knew this would happen, deep down, even when I was hoping, and taking out all the stops, there was the knowledge that this sh1t would be waiting.

What does that mean though?

That everything was pointless?

"Idiot." I mumble, wiping my eyes when a bang hits the door.

The fvck!?

"Spes!" My eyes alert wide, and I'm on my feet by the time the entrance beside me opens, the person behind it a character I used to remember from all those injections before. A doctor that would oversee my physical fitness and test results whenever my dad was busy.

Funny how I never learned his name, not that I give a sh1t.

"Thank goodness." He grins. "It's really you!" He hurries, readying his arms to give me a hug when I take a step back and hold out my hand.

"Where's Carl."

"The boy?" He keeps on smiling. "He's fine. It was actually just a flesh wound."

Oh thank fvck I know what that means.

"Sh1t." I relax, using both my palms to pull my bangs back and let them fall where they choose, grinning at the idea he's really ok, and not in any danger when I'm engulfed in a hug that I wasn't ready for. Uh...

"Welcome home." He squeezes, and I for the first time in a while, find myself feeling uncomfortable about a situation, especially when I'm not used to this kind of treatment. I mean, I used to give this guy hugs, but now? HeIl no.

And this isn't even my home.

I know I still have some habits of this place, but one month can do a fvcking lot to change things.

That's for sure.

"You ok? I just got finished stitching up that youngster. How about you? Need anything? Check up, food? Anything?"