Episode 11: Take Away The Lie

"The stars are envious of us!" I scream to the sky, lit purple and fit to behold the millions of lights that never seem to fade in my eyes.

               All around me, it's like the green waves of the earth's floor is moving in fast paces, or uneven glitches. Time, moving so fast...both planes of existence, those of the planets and cosmic alliances staring down at us, while we humans look back up, so far apart, but so close at the same time.

               "It won't stay like this forever. It'll change." I turn and see Carl staring back at me before facing the sky, many comets and meteors sliding from their spots above, the view of its left over light tearing rips into the atmosphere.

               "Child of The Future..." I turn towards my right this time, the sky glowing red in the distance where land meets it's opposite, and a thousand or more figures in rags and bad health see me, staring, and groan with primal determination, almost hot-wired so that they can't do anything else, and seek my body for the purpose of my existence.

               "The Infected." The sound echoes through the empty land I found myself in only a few moments beforehand.

               "They're not just infected. That's a name they don't get to have. Because of you." His deep voice pricks me with poisonous words. It's like the sound of Carl's speech is overlapped with itself that I barely catch the faded repeats of anything he says.

               "Come back to us Spes."

               No. What's happening?

               "Spes?" My father repeats my name, standing far off behind me, hoping I turn to go back by his side, but it's Carl's existence in my dream that keeps me still, even when the walkers as he says, approach at a quicker rate. Closer and closer to both of us.

               "You could stop this."

               "Dreaming..." I whisper. "I'm dreaming aren't I?"

               "You could stop all of this..." Blue eyes defy the dim red swallowing and spreading in my minds reality and landscapes. "Or you could just go back...and let everything get worse. That's what you're doing now."

               "I'm figuring it out." I almost spit.

               "No..." I glance up again, just in time to see Carl only a few inches in front of me as opposed to 5 feet away from me 3 seconds in the past.

               "Carl?"

               Why am I dreaming about you?

               "You could stop this. Just tell us, and we'll help you."

               "You're kind." I almost scoff at the realization, stars still falling towards earth, crashing and destroying the solidity of the world beyond the miles of walkers pacing forward.

               "Spes you're not listening." He leans forward.

               "Spes! Come back to us!" The growls from the army and the plea from my dad make it hard to concentrate, but it's a whisper into my imaginary, subconscious ear that keeps me steady and intact with what my new acquaintance has to say.

               "Tell us the truth...The truth Spes. Tell us the truth."

               "Carl?"