Episode 31: Betray Me Not

Life builds. Creations, vary. Love, grows. Hope, ends.

               Spes.

               "Spes!" I yell before a sob hits the air while I lean over her, the bullet hole directly pierced through her heart is the first thing to catch my eye.

               I've seen blood before, I've practically bathed in it it's so abundant, and fvcking powerful to grab at this life, just because of people and the things they do, but I've never seen a wound so frightening, a color so deadly vibrant, a smell so upsetting in my life of years out here as the one that's killing the girl I love.

               "Ugh..." She clenches her jaw while holding her hands over the wound and I hurry to crawl closer to lay her head on my lap, more blood in her beautiful gray hair due to the other fvcking wounds. "Is it bad?" She shivers the words out while I choke on my cries. "Carl?"

               "No." I shake my head and lie. "Baby, you're fine." I sniff and hold her face, nodding to her while tears drop on her lashes from my melting ice blue eyes. "You're fine." I assure.

               "Ha..." She grins up at me, moving here and there while she deals with the pain in her body. "Liar. It's bad...it fvcking hurts." She stutters.

               "It's supposed to hurt. You've just been shot." I smile but it only stays for a second before I wheeze out another cry, bending down partway, hugging her closer. "You're fine." I growl out in a managed tone.

               "No...I don't think so." Her body shakes some more. "Dammit!" Spes is crying. "Look at me." Her teeth clench with the demand, and I feel everything in me break when she tries to comfort me, petting back my hair while she upturns the corners of her mouth. "I-" She swallows. "I'm sorry."

               "Don't say that." I almost beg.

               I don't want her to say that. Not that. That sh1t goodbye that everyone's said to me in one way or another. I didn't want to have to say goodbye to her. Anyone but her!

               "I...I don't want to die." She lightly laughs before clenching teeth to prevent further tears from falling down the gray cat like eyes staring at me. "I don't want to die."

               "You're not!" I press my forehead to hers. "You're gonna-"

               "Tell me one more time." She interrupts.

               "Huh?"

               "Ha..." Spes blinks once, licks her lips after, before holding hope in her eyes for me. "Tell me one more time, before I won't be able to hear it again." Her beautiful voice asks me, and I know what she wants, what will seal the deal. I don't want to say it...because that's goodbye. "Please."

               And I didn't ever want to say goodbye to Spes.

               "Please."

               But I have to say the one thing that's true to us, beyond anything else.

               Spes.

               Spes...

               Remember...