Episode 17: A Little Bit Of My Heart

Spes.

               She's like forest fire.

               It's like...every stare is a blaze. Like her whole attitude is scorching, and her...

               Her beauty is- what's a good word? Just, simple to see, because it's so bright.

               The affect she has is anything but subtle. It overtakes and changes everything, not giving you a break to turn your back and dismiss the flickering dance it creates whenever a flame wavers to blossom more strength.

               I want to be near her, for a reason I can't yet understand, so I can't even put it into words, but if I get too close, I know I'll get burned.

               I wonder what kind of consumption that would be.

               What would it feel like, to be consumed by divine fire?

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               "Sh1t." Carl curses again while I grip my bag extra tight, as if by some stupid little miracle maybe if I choke the strap hard enough it'll leak out some heat to crawl up my skin like shivers since I'm so fvcking cold.

               6 hours. About 6 hours of complete downpour, white as ice, blurring everything within a couple feet from just seconds ago when we both ran for this house out in the middle of nowhere hoping that it was open and safe for us to use today.

               And to top it off, I have no idea what I'm doing out here right now with Carl, trying to bust into a house that looks like sh1t even though it's a brick build, nice windows and fancy glass. Reminds me of my old house sort of, except we had 3 stories not just 2 and, well yeah, other obvious differences.

               How did I get here? It was supposed to be, me and a straight line to D.C.

               Then I met Jesse, then I met the group, then I k-killed someone, and now I've run off to who knows where and who knows why with my absolute pain in the as$ thorn in my side guy that is actually starting to piss me off because I don't know why I'm so fixated on him even though I should really, really, hate him.

               It's on principle that I should hate him, so why the heIl doesn't it feel like it?

               No loathing, just complete fascination with watching him try to shoulder crash the door open.

               But, uh, he's not getting anywhere with that. He's scrawny as sh1t and blah blah. It's almost embarrassing to be seen with him, even if there isn't any other person around.

               "Ugh!" He literally kicks the bottom of the wooden barrier like he's throwing a fit I didn't expect him to throw. He does a quick circle while he shivers and tries to concentrate on messing with the hatch, but it's no use. He's chilled to the bone marrow, we both are, and he's only wearing one shirt which is pretty much stained through with icy blotches of water from the sky.

               "How many houses have you broken into?" I frown at his lack of ability to break down an entrance.

               "E-Enough. But a locked door is a locked door you know. Unless you know how." He hands the responsibility over to me which I gladly accept even though I don't have any clue as to how to get inside. Just as I'm about to make a comeback to his short remark, I chuck all my dignity and walk up to him after sliding my bag onto the wet porch.