Episode 50: Paradise

I pictured Luke Goss for Reagan...another new character is coming next chapter. XD Tah! Hope you enjoy!

__________________

               A bang, then louder impact of body hitting door crept in a large way through the house, and I squeezed Spes' hand as tight as I could while we hid on our stomachs under the bed, a box of condoms right next to my face from a place I didn't search, and the girl I love on my left with her body inundated with clothes that were meant for the man of this house that won't be coming back to reclaim it any time soon.

               Was this what it was like when she first came to us?

               Jesse telling her to do this and that in case we were bad people? I'm guessing now is worse since I know for sure she might be in danger given the sh1t people have put her through in the past.

               I didn't get to give her a fancy hat like she wore before but, at least there was that ski hat with flaps to cover her ears so we could shove her grey hair underneath it...I can see why she had dirt on her face the first time though.

               Fvck, she looks way too feminine to even pass as a guy...or maybe it's just me because I know her and I've been sleeping with her and kissing her and all that stuff that's making me panic right now.

               Something's weird with this situation though.

               Something's different...

               It's Spes.

               Her hand.

               She's not shaking.

               That's weird, cuz I know she's scared but, she's not trembling like a leaf or, staring at the door with a fearful and crazed to stress look in her eyes.

               She's just frowning and drawing her brows together while her feline silver rings focus and concentrate on the matter at hand as her other grip is ready to draw her sword.

               Like she's ready to pounce or something. Just her luck she'd hit her head and knock herself out even though she's not that clumsy. Right now, she's more, animalistic and on guard.

               When did she become this...able?

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               Along with squeezing the crap out of Carl's hand so I don't completely break down and have a panic attack, I focus for just a second when I hear a loud breakage of the front door that almost pops before a small scatter of footsteps rummage throughout the halls and search for whatever it is they're searching for.

               My guess is that they've already found most of the group and are probably checking this house for extra members.

               Oh gosh, I feel like I'm about to be executed, and this fvcking outfit that I had to ditch my clothes for stinks and I hate this whole situation, of course I do, but I just wanted to have at least this day peaceful considering everything that's been going on.

               "I don't hear anything." I mouth with only a hint of sound to Carl when he looks at me, then at the front door to this bedroom.

               Are those condoms?

               "Stay still." He replies.