Episode 40: Mum's The Word

"You're not sleeping. Why?" Spes asks me; her eyes open the entire time mine are staring back at her, our naked bodies under the thin blanket while we watch in the dark for any movement on our faces.

               "Why aren't you?" I ask back, lying on my stomach and I partially grin at how she's tugged the blanket up to cover her breasts but not her shoulder blades. She looks kinda worn out though. I don't blame her. The last few days have been a nightmare... "Did it hurt this time?" I snuggle my cheek a bit closer into the pillow, shifting my nose so it would thaw from how chilly the room is.

               When we were having sex, Spes was tense at first, and then, relaxed, but became tense again near the end.

               I wanted to be there for her, through her first time of feeling what I got to feel once in the past, but I just sort of lost it at one second.

               I had to fill her in on why I stopped too. It was basically amateur thinking. I didn't have a condom and...climaxing together would've been completely risky, so I had to stop myself from going on.

               I just keep getting rewarded though. Last time to be with her, this time, only our second time, no condom and it felt...insanely fresh and real. It was like my senses were being molested in the sweetest way as well as the most erotic. I loved it.

               "Compared to the first time...I'd say the balance tipped in my favor." She smiles a little while I blush at her subtly complimenting me, and I move closer so I can hold her hand. "You look tired."

               "I'm not."

               "You are." Spes chuckles at my unwillingness to go to sleep. I don't want to stop talking to her. I want this night to drag on and on and on and on.

               I want it forever.

               "I don't see you falling asleep."

               "I'm not sleepy."

               "That's bullsh1t." I reply in a drowsy, amused voice, eyes starting to get heavy while she hums her response, our faces so close we share a pillow.

               No.

               Don't fall asleep. Stay awake. If this is a dream, stay awake. Stay awake to live it.

               Stay awake...

               "Carl?"

               "Yeah?" I husk out the word with my deep voice, resting my eyes shut for a moment before I feel a cool touch press on my open lips.

               "I don't mind falling asleep, just as long as I get to do it with you...just as long as I know you'll be here when I wake up." I feel Spes press and move her forehead from side to side on mine, rustling my bangs and making them messy.

               That's the last thing I remember before falling asleep, relying on my necessary object to even dream comfortably, and that's Spes, with me the whole night, in our bed.

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               Ok. I lied. I'm dead tired, I can barely keep a straight thought and my body is sore, but, for some reason, adding all of these up, I can't seem to shut my eyes and keep still since I'm too infatuated with watching Carl sleep, as opposed to last time we spent the night together when he watched ME sleep.